- • Describe the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence tools.
- Apply basic functionality of BusinessObjects reporting tools
- Identify the use cases of BusinessObjects reporting tools.
- Use the Information Design Tool to extract, define, and manipulate metadata from relational and OLAP sources to create and deploy SAP BusinessObjects universes.
- Combine data from different source systems with the SAP BusinessObjects BI client tools.
- Roles involved with the implementation of SAP NetWeaver BW and SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence, such as:
- Solution and application consultants
- Project team members
- Data Managers
- Report Designers
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational, also OLAP database management systems concepts and structures
- Basic knowledge of the SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse platform and BEx Query Designer
Course based on software release
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Information Design Tool BI 4.0
- SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse 7.3
- This course introduces the following SAP BusinessObjects tools:
- The Information Design Tool
- Web Intelligence
- Crystal Reports
- Live Office
- BusinessObjects Explorer
- Specific focus will be on Information design tool:
- What is the information design tool?
- Work with Projects
- Create a local project
- About shared projects
- Create a local project and retrieving a published Universe
- Create the data foundation
- Create a database connection
- Create a data foundation
- Define joins in a data foundation
- Create a business layer
- Create folders and objects
- Create measure objects
- Resolve Loops Use aliases
- Resolve Loops Use contexts
- Define data restrictions
- Work with LOVs
- Use Parameters restrict data
- Use @functions also Aggregate Awareness
- Create Derived Tables and Index Awareness
- Maintain universes
- Deplore and manage and
- Certification examination for SAP Certified Application Associate – Modeling and Data Management with SAP BW 7.3 & SAP BI 4.0
- This course is not intended for participants who want to learn advanced features of these tools or technical details of SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform.
- This course includes presentation, explanation and system demonstrations by the instructor, as well as hands on activities for the students.