- Migrate a SAP system to another operating system, and/or another database system (heterogeneous migration).
- Technology consultants wanting to migrate SAP Systems to another operating systems and/or database systems.
- Technology Associate – System Administration with SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- or comparable certification (based on a previous release)
- or comparable practical experience.
Course based on software release
- SAP Web Application Server 7.02
- SAP - platforms and licensing
- What does ""migration" mean"? Homogeneous and heterogeneous migration
- Effects of a heterogeneous migration
- SAP OS/DB migration Check
- Requirements for a migration
- Migration process (enrolment, migration project, approval, hardware procurement, remote access, ...)
- Migration tools and their control files in detail (R3LOAD, JLOAD)
- Migration tuning (how to save time)
- Preparing a migration and migration follow-up
- Other topics related to databases and SAP releases
- Short discussion of MDS projects and UNICODE conversions
- The imparted knowledge can be adopted from SAP R/3 4.6C till SAP NetWeaver 7.3 Systems.
- This course includes a certification exam to be taken either on the final day of the course or at a future certification event in the UK.
- A database migration will be demonstrated during the course. No practical exercises are included. The migration of SAP systems generally requires additional system-specific knowledge that is not part of this course.