- Effectively administer a Sybase IQ single server and Multiplex configuration
- Choose the correct Sybase IQ index types
- Create Sybase IQ databases, dbspaces, dbfiles, tables, views and indexes
- Extract and load data into Sybase IQ from a variety of sources
- Backup and restore a Sybase IQ database
- New Administrators of either Sybase IQ 12.7 or Sybase IQ 15.
- If you are an experienced Sybase IQ 12.7 DBA or have already attended EDB782, please enroll into "EDB784: Migrating to Sybase IQ 15" for Sybase IQ 15 new features and migration training.
- Understanding of database concepts and database fundamentals
- 2-4 years DBA experience
- Sybase IQ Overview and Architecture
- Sybase IQ Tools
- Sybase IQ Databases
- Server and Database Configuration
- Memory Configuration
- Sybase IQ Data and Index Types
- Table and Index Creation
- User Administration
- Data Loading
- Data Loading Issue Resolution
- Multiplex Configuration
- Transaction Management and Locking
- Sybase IQ Monitoring
- Sybase IQ Troubleshooting
- Backup and Restore
- Miscellaneous Topics
- Gain a working knowledge of Sybase IQ through a combination of lecture presentations and hands-on exercises. Learn Sybase IQ 15 architecture, concepts, and terminology while setting up, configuring, administering and maintaining a Sybase IQ database in both a simplex and multiplex environment. The course covers must-know monitoring and troubleshooting methods, as well as important technical information to increase the efficiency of the Sybase IQ DBA. You will also be heavily involved in creating a multiplex configuration of Sybase IQ to support large query loads, creating numerous tables and extracting and loading gigabits of data in to your environments.
- This course is designed to teach students on either Sybase IQ 12.7 or Sybase IQ 15.0. All labs will be performed on Sybase IQ 15.0.
- This course is also offered through Sybase Education, please check EDB785 on the Sybase catalog.