- This course is delivered in a Flipped Class approach! Flipped Classroom is a teaching strategy that reverses the traditional learning environment by delivering instructional content outside of the classroom mostly in self-study mode while class time is reserved for more active learning like discussions, projects, exercises, and workshops.
- During the One-Day Instructor-led Kick Off Event on Monday we will provide the students with an introduction to the SAP Enterprise Threat Detection Solution and show them some options to look for security incidents. At the end of the first day, the students will already perform a first security exercise.
- After this introduction, the learners work through the learning material SECETD (and Units 1, 5 and 6 of ADM100 to refresh some basic skills if necessary) by reading it their own in a self-study mode and live system access and will have the option to ask their open questions in a 2 hours live Q&A session with the instructor on Thursday morning.
- Key Element of this training is finally the Hands-On Security Challenge delivered again as One-Day Instructor-led Event on Friday, where the students get introduced to the Challenge Set Up, grouped into two teams (Attacker and Defender) to then work against the other team in a first round. After the lunch break the groups change their roles and start the second round in reversed roles.
- The training will end with a final discussion of the solutions of the Challenge, a last summary and a final Q&A round.
- This workshop consists of 3 Live Sessions and time for self-study
- Part 1: Virtual Classroom Event – 1 day (Monday)
- Introduction into SAP Enterprise Threat Detection Fundamentals (SAP ETD)
- Basic tools and options to look for security incidents
- First small Security exercise
- Part 2: Self-Study Phase (Tuesday-Wednesday)
- SAP Enterprise Threat Detection Fundamentals => you will receive the online course material of SECETD to go through the content of the SAP Enterprise Threat Detection Workshop Material in a self-study mode
- If necessary: Individual Refresh of Security Concepts for SAP S/4HANA and SAP Business Suite => you will receive the online course material ADM100 with the relevant Units:
- Unit 1: Fundamentals of Application Server
- Lesson 5: Appendix - Executing Basic Administration Transactions
- Unit 5: Users and Authorizations
- Unit 6: RFC Connections
- Part 3: Live Q&A Session virtually – 2 hours (Thursday morning)
- Possibility for Q&A of the self-study content and experience sharing in the group
- Instructor is available to exchange ideas about attack scenarios
- Part 4: Virtual Classroom Event – 1 day (Friday)
- Security Challenge Round 1 for two hours
- Security Challenge Round 2 for two hours (reversed roles)
- Final discussion of Challenge Solution, Summary and Q&A
- This course will prepare you to:
- Primarily: Use SAP Enterprise Threat Detection (ETD) to secure and monitor the security of your SAP landscape. The main objective of the course is to understand how the different features of the product can be used, like Alert Processing, Forensic Analysis and Threat Hunting, Security Monitoring, customizing of the SAP delivered Alert Detection Patterns, creation of help charts. An important focus is given to the understanding of the different Log Data coming out of SAP ERP systems.
- Another important aspect within the course is the setup of processes based on Best Practices, how to do Alert handling, Security Analysis, and how to build Standard Operation procedures based on Alerts.
- Optional (depending on time availability): A technical overview shows the different components of ETD on how it can be set up in different modes (e.g. High Availability set up alternatives), and how to connect to the various log sources (especially ABAP-based SAP Systems).
- Optional (depending on time availability): Furthermore, the different APIs are discussed to import and export log data into/from ETD, or to push or poll the Alerts from ETD into other Security products.
- This course is ideal for security professionals who want to prepare for attack and defense scenarios in a hands-on workshop based on a security challenge.
- Primarily two groups are relevant/invited:
- SAP Security responsible, (example: SAP Security and Compliance, System- Administrators, SAP Security Consultant)
- General Security responsible (example: Security Operation Center Analyst, Security Monitoring Agent, Security Consultant (IT/network, …)), who want to get knowledge about SAP Security aspects
- Basic knowledge of SAP System Administration and SAP System Security
- Basic knowledge about SAP Enterprise Threat Detection (SAP ETD)
- SAP S/4HANA
- ABAP Platform
- AS ABAP
- Please note again, that this course is delivered in a Flipped Class approach! Flipped Classroom is a teaching strategy that reverses the traditional learning environment by delivering instructional content outside of the classroom mostly in self-study mode while class time is reserved for more active learning like discussions, projects, exercises, and workshops.
- This means that the contents of the course SECETD will not be repeated or summarized completely in the classroom sessions.
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more