- This course provides an overview of SAP Test Data Migration Server (SAP TDMS) Release 4.0. SAP TDMS enables the creation of small, easy-to- maintain non-production systems thereby minimizing infrastructure and maintenance expenses. SAP TDMS uses relevant extracts of business data to maximize the effectiveness and accuracy of your development, test and training activities.
- The course contains detailed information about the following topics:
- SAP TDMS product and how it can be used to overcome system refresh challenges faced by the SAP users.
- How to work with the product, the product architecture and the main features of the product including Shell creation and new Fiori Application.
- Best practices to run SAP TDMS.
- How to anonymize sensitive data in your non production environment to comply with data privacy and protection laws in your country.
- How to create lean and consistent HCM test systems and protect sensitive personnel data.
- How to quickly copy a smaller quantity of consistent business process data using the TDMS Business Process library.
- Understand the features and use cases for SAP TDMS
- Understand the architecture and business processes of SAP TDMS
- Create rules to anonymize sensitive data in your system
- Anonymize test data before it reaches the test system or directly in the test system
- Create the HCM test environment using multiple processes
- Protect sensitive employee data in the test environment
- Create custom business process objects using the Business Process Library
- Transfer a small quantity of the master or process data to test systems quickly for testing business processes
- Understand the best practices for a TDMS run
- Functional Business Users
- SAP System Administrators
- Basic knowledge of or experience in the ABAP workbench
- Basic knowledge in system administration
- System copy and client copy
- SAP R/3 application know-how
Course based on software release
- SAP Test Data Migration Server 4.0, Support Pack 9
- System Refresh Challenges
- An Overview of SAP TDMS 4.0
- TDMS Architecture and Data Selection Techniques
- Data Migration: Understanding the TDMS Migration Package Phases
- TDMS Shell Creation
- TDMS Data Scrambling
- SAP TDMS for SAP ERP HCM
- TDMS Business Process Library (TDMS BPL)
- Best Practices for a TDMS Execution
- TDMS Fiori Application: Manage TDMS Execution
- Course material is available in English only
CPE Credits032 Credits
Please note CPE credits are available only for publicly scheduled courses delivered at SAP locations. CPE credits are not available for virtual classroom deliveries or customer specific deliveries.
Register your interest for taking this course
Let us know when and where you'd like to attend and we'll notify you when sessions become available.
Note: Location can be for a public classroom or a virtual that meets your prefered timezone.Register Interest