- In this course you will gain knowledge in migrating an SAP system to another operating system or database.
- SAP System Migration
- Identifying the Difference Between an SAP Homogeneous System Copy and SAP OS/DB Migration
- The Migration Project
- Setting Up a Migration Project
- Identifying Technical Migration Efforts
- System Copy Methods
- Evaluating System Copy Methods
- SAP ABAP Migration Tools
- Identifying the Tools Used to Perform a SAP ABAP OS/DB Migration
- Identifying the Tools Used to Perform a SAP JAVA OS/DB Migration
- Export and Import of System Copies
- Controlling the Export and Import Processes of System Copies
- Describing the Database Independent Migration Tool Concept
- Technical Background Knowledge
- Storing Data in Control Files
- Accessing ABAP/JAVA Migration Data
- Control and Data File Structure for ABAP System Copies
- Identifying the Purpose and Structure of the ABAP System Copy Control and Data Files
- Describing the Task and SQL File Handling
- Configuring Import and Export Options Using ABAP System Copy Tool Command Line Options
- Identifying the Purpose and Structure of JLOAD Control and Data Files
- Configuring Import and Export Options Using JAVA System Copy Tool Command Line Options
- Advanced Migration Techniques
- Optimizing the System Copy Process
- Checking Target System Consistency with the Migration Checker
- Analyzing the Export and Import Time of Migration
- Controlling the R3LOAD Processes
- Reducing the Export and Import Time Using ABAP Table Splitting
- Distributing the R3LOAD Export and Import Processes Over Multiple Servers
- Describing De-cluster and De-pooling
- Controlling the JLOAD Processes
- Performing Package and Table Splitting for JLOAD
- The System Migration Process
- Performing an ABAP System Migration
- Performing a JAVA System Migration
- Troubleshooting Migration Problems
- Special System Copy Procedures
- Performing Unicode Conversions
- Performing a Near Zero Down Time System Copy
- Describing SAP HANA Storage
- Performing a classic SWPM Migration to SAP HANA
- Performing a SAP HANA Migration Using Multiple Export Servers
- Performing a DMO Migration to SAP HANA
- This course will prepare you to:
- Migrate an SAP system to another operating system, and/or another database system (heterogeneous migration).
- System Administrator
- Technology Consultant
- C_TADM55A_75 or earlier release
- Comparable practical experience
- SAP NetWeaver Application Server 7.52, stack 05
- SAP ERP 6.0 EHP8 on NW 7.50, stack 16
- Recent System Copy improvements and changes since SAP NetWeaver 7.52 are covered in this collection of the course
- The imparted knowledge can be adopted from SAP NetWeaver since 7.0 onwards
- Course material and the certificate examination are available in English only.
- A database migration will be demonstrated during the course.
- Working in groups of two, participants will migrate both an ABAP and a Java NetWeaver system.
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more