- This course will give you a comprehensive overview and in depth knowledge of the inventory management process in SAP. After attending this class you will understand the major business processes, functions and configuration in inventory management. This course should be taken after the SCM500 curriculum prerequisite.
- Explain the materials planning process in Materials Management
- Use the different consumption-based MRP procedures
- Describe the forecasting technique and its function"
- Application Consultant
- Business Process Architect
- Business Process Owner / Team Lead / Power User
- Program / Project Manager
- SCM500 - Processus d'approvisionnement
Course based on software release
- SAP ERP 6.0 with Enhancement Package 7
- Consumption-Based Planning
- Describing the Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Process
- Defining MRP Procedures
- Maintaining the Material Master
- Setting Up a Reorder Point Planning
- Planning Run
- Describing the Planning Run
- Executing a Planning Run
- Converting Planning Results
- Evaluating the Planning Results
- Calculating Lot Sizes
- Explaining Basics of the Forecast
- Executing and Postprocessing the Forecast
- Performing Forecast-Based Planning
- Performing the Time-Phased Planning
- Performing Automatic Reorder Point Planning
- Additional Options in Consumption-Based Planning
- Explaining Source Determination in Materials Planning
- Planning Storage Locations Separately
- Using MRP Areas in Planning
- This course does not cover requirements planning procedures with bill of material explosion (in-house production). The course SCM240 - Production Planning (ERP) addresses this as well as MRP procedures and background in more detail.
- The special features for SAP for Retail are covered in the course IRT330 - Requirements Planning and Purchasing.
- This course is also available in a self-paced e-learning format, complete with system demos and simulations under course code SC525E
Submit your request
Is the course not scheduled? Or looking for other dates and locations that fit your schedule? Let us know what works for you by clicking the button below and select your preferred location. We will do our best to consider your request.
Note: Location can be for a Virtual Classroom, Public Classroom or Any location (Any Physical location except Virtual Classroom.)Register Interest