- This course is also available in a self-paced e-learning format with an active subscription to the SAP Learning Hub, as SC510E.
- This course will give you a comprehensive overview and in depth knowledge of the inventory management process in SAP. After attending this class you will understand the major business processes, functions and configuration in inventory management. This course should be taken after the SCM500 curriculum prerequisite.
- Introduction to Inventory Management
- Defining Inventory Management and Physical Inventory
- Moving Goods with the MIGO Transaction
- Goods Receipts (GRs)
- Posting a GR Without Reference
- Posting a GR with Reference
- Posting a GR with Automatic Generation of a PO
- Posting Cancellations, Return Deliveries, and Returns
- Applying Order Price Unit in Inventory Management
- Applying Tolerances and the Delivery Completed Indicator
- Adding Date Checks to GRs for a PO
- Stock Transfers and Transfer Postings
- Performing Transfer Postings
- Performing Stock Transfers Between Storage Locations
- Performing Stock Transfers Between Plants
- Creating Manual Reservations
- Evaluating Reservations
- Checking Availability and Missing Parts
- Goods Issues (GIs)
- Posting Unplanned GIs
- Posting a GI with Reference
- Configuring Stock Determination
- Allowing Negative Stock
- Special Forms of Procurement and Special Stocks
- Performing the Process of Subcontracting
- Performing Vendor Consignment
- Operating Pipeline Processes
- Posting Goods Movements for Special Stocks
- Special Features of Material Valuation
- Posting Goods Movements for Material Types UNBW and NLAG
- Configuring Split Valuation
- Physical Inventory
- Conducting Physical Inventory
- Analyzing the Determination of Book Inventory
- Simplifying Physical Inventory
- Applying Cycle Counting
- Applying Inventory Sampling
- Applying Stock Lists and Document Lists
- Applying Periodic Processing
- Implementing Settings for Documents
- Setting Up Movement Types
- Applying Other Customizing Settings
- Logistics Execution
- Managing Logistics Execution Processes
- Posting a GR Against a PO
- Posting a GI for a Sales Order
- Teach participants the basic functions of inventory management and physical inventory, and how to create different goods movements in the SAP system.
- Familiarize participants with the special functions of inventory management and physical inventory, and the Customizing settings relevant to inventory management and physical inventory.
- Application Consultant
- Business Process Architect
- Business Process Owner / Team Lead / Power User
- Program / Project Manager
- SCM500 Processes in Procurement or corresponding SAP knowledge in materials management area
- A solid understanding of the inventory management process.
- SAP ERP 6.0 with Enhancement Package 7
- This course is also available in a self-paced e-learning format, complete with system demos and simulations under course code SC510E
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more