- This course provides an overview of the scope and capabilities of SAP Central Finance for SAP S/4HANA in LoB Finance. You will be able to validate if the solution fits to your / your customer’s business requirements. You will also understand what it means to implement SAP Central Finance and how to execute the main configuration steps.
- This course does include exercises, so you will do some practicing. This course is recommended before starting a Central Finance implementation project.
- Please ensure that you bring along all the prerequisites listed below (S4F60, S4F601/e, S4F01, S4F02). A good follow-up course is the course Hands on experience for implementing Central Finance in SAP S/4HANA (HOF60).
- This course will prepare you to:
- explain the concept and architecture of CentralFinance
- scope the main requirements in the SAP Central Finance project
- basic knowledge on how to setting up and configuring a SAP Central Finance landscape
- basic knowledge on how to execute a SAP Central Finance project
- The course is aimed at solution architects or learners with at least an associate level of knowledge of Financial Accounting or Management Accounting on SAP ERP and ideally also on SAP S/4HANA.
- FI/CO solution architect
- FI/CO application consultant
- FI/CO development consultant
- Be familiar with SAP ERP Financial Accounting or Management Accounting in SAP ERP.
- Financial Accounting Consultants: Financial Accounting in SAP S/4HANA(S4F01)
- Management Accounting Consultants: Management Accounting in SAP S/4HANA(S4F02)
- Deep understanding of the business value, the purpose and scope of SAP Central Finance. This knowledge can be achieved in our course SAP Central Finance Overview (S4F60) or in the corresponding eLearning (S4F60e). (Until the eLearning is available in your language, please refer to the first chapters of S4F04e.)
- You should be familiar with a couple of technical topics – without these it will be difficult to follow the instructor: Basic knowledge of Real-time replication, Master Data Governance, Application Link Enabling and the Netweaver Integration Technology. The relevant knowledge from these topics has been assembled specially for Central Finance Consultants - you can find the result in our eLearning ‘Prerequisite Knowledge for SAP Central Finance’(S4F601 / S4F601e).
- Hands-on experiences in implementation projects of SAP ERP or SAP S/4HANA are highly recommended.
- Financial Accounting Consultants:
- Processes in Financial Accounting in SAP S/4HANA (S4F10)
- Management Accounting Consultants:
- Processes in Management Accounting in SAP S/4HANA (S4F20)
Course based on software release
- SAP S/4HANA 1909 SPS0
- Overview of SAP Central Finance in SAP S/4HANA
- Project Execution for SAP Central Finance
- SAP Central Finance Landscape Architecture
- Basic Setup and Configuration
- Initial Load and Real-time Replication
- Error Handling
- Corporate Finance Processes supported by SAP Central Finance
- Run Phase
- Validation and Reconciliation
- Reporting (incl. Side Panel)
- Central Payments
- If you attend this course and want to have a smooth start with your first Central Finance implementation project, please consider to deepen your knowledge on the tools by attending a furher course: ‘Hands on experience for implementing SAP Central Finance’ (HOF60) With this additional course, you will be prepared for the first Central Finance project as a team member.
- If you want to proof your knowledge, please consider to taking the following certification. Please read through the prerequisites carefully. C_S4FCF1909 ‘SAP Certified Application Associate Central Finance’.
- With SAP S/4HANA 1909, the formerly known course ‘S4F04 SAP Central Finance’ (5 days) is replaced by the following two courses: S4F60 SAP Central Finance overview (1 day) S4F61 (Implementing Central Finance in SAP S/4HANA) (5 days)