- This course is also available in a self-paced e-learning format with an active subscription to the SAP Learning Hub, as S4F05E.
- This course explains in depth the difference between Asset Accounting in SAP ERP and new Asset Accounting application in SAP S/4HANA. You will learn the key differences between these two solutions concerning the concepts, the capabilities and the configuration options.
- Please be aware that this course consists of two main parts – part two is the bigger one: 1.You will start in the source system (SAP ERP) with classic Asset Accounting. You will prepare and activate the new Asset Accounting application. 2. You will proceed in the target system (SAP S/4HANA) which will already be converted. You will learn about differences in the new Asset Accounting application in SAP S/4HANA compared with SAP ERP. You will actively participate in the configuration and error handling after the conversion. Attendees should be familiar with the classic SAP Asset Accounting.
- Part 1:
- Idea of and motivation for the new Asset Accounting application
- You use the Simplification Item Check to check whether the system is ready for conversion.
- See how the chart of depreciation is adjusted.
- See in detail and step by step how the conversion from classic Asset Accounting to new Asset Accounting works. This is shown in an SAP ERP EHP 8 system.
- Activation of new Asset Accounting.
- See and execute customizing adjustments that are needed after the conversion.
- Part 2:
- This course now continues on an SAP S/4HANA system in which the Asset Accounting conversion is already completed.
- Explain differences between the classic and the new Asset Accounting Application
- Execute different asset transactions in order to get familiar with the new Asset Accounting and its new posting logic
- Reconstruct the system configuration
- Create a new chart of depreciation for the ledger approach (in SAP S/4HANA)
- Create a new chart of depreciation for the account approach (in SAP S/4HANA)
- Explain the differences between the different systems (account approach versus ledger approach)
- Presentation of the depreciation run in SAP S/4HANA
- Explain changes in the architecture and the consequences for reporting. See the differences in Customizing.
- Entering Legacy Data Transfer for Asset Accounting in SAP S/4HANA. Use the Migration Cockpit for Legacy Data Transfer.
- This course will prepare you to explain, configure and use the new asset accounting application:
- Get a big picture from the journey from classic Asset Accounting to new Asset Accounting through a conversion project
- Learn how to execute a new implementation of new Asset Accounting.
- Understand the logic of the new Asset Accounting and differences between classic and new Asset Accounting
- Application consultant
- Business Process Owner / Team Lead / Power User
- You should be familiar with the business processes and configuration of the classic SAP Asset Accounting application.
- AC305 Asset Accounting
- SAP S/4HANA 2020 SPS0
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more