- This course explains in depth the difference between Asset Accounting in SAP ERP and new Asset Accounting application in SAP S/4HANA. You will learn the key differences between these two solutions concerning the concepts, the capabilities and the configuration options. Please be aware that this course consists of two main parts – part two is the bigger one:
- 1. You will start in the source system (SAP ERP) with classic Asset Accounting. You will prepare and activate the new Asset Accounting application.
- 2. You will proceed in the target system (SAP S/4HANA) which will already be converted. You will learn about differences in the new Asset Accounting application in SAP S/4HANA compared with SAP ERP. You will actively participate in the configuration and error handling after the conversion.
- Attendees should be familiar with the classic SAP Asset Accounting.
- Part 1:
- Idea of and motivation for the new Asset Accounting application
- You use the Simplification Item Check to check whether the system is ready for conversion.
- See how the chart of depreciation is adjusted.
- See in detail and step by step how the conversion from classic Asset Accounting to new Asset Accounting works. This is shown in an SAP ERP EHP 8 system.
- Activation of new Asset Accounting.
- See and execute customizing adjustments that are needed after the conversion.
- Part 2:
- This course now continues on an SAP S/4HANA system in which the Asset Accounting conversion is already completed.
- Explain differences between the classic and the new Asset Accounting Application
- Execute different asset transactions in order to get familiar with the new Asset Accounting and its new posting logic
- Reconstruct the system configuration
- Create a new chart of depreciation for the ledger approach (in SAP S/4HANA)
- Create a new chart of depreciation for the account approach (in SAP S/4HANA)
- Explain the differences between the different systems (account approach versus ledger approach)
- Presentation of the depreciation run in SAP S/4HANA
- Explain changes in the architecture and the consequences for reporting. See the differences in Customizing.
- Entering Legacy Data Transfer for Asset Accounting in SAP S/4HANA. Use the Migration Cockpit for Legacy Data Transfer.
- This course will prepare you to explain, configure and use the new asset accounting application:
- Get a big picture from the journey from classic Asset Accounting to new Asset Accounting through a conversion project
- Learn how to execute a new implementation of new Asset Accounting.
- Understand the logic of the new Asset Accounting and differences between classic and new Asset Accounting
- Application consultant
- Business Process Owner / Team Lead / Power User
- You should be familiar with the business processes and configuration of the classic SAP Asset Accounting application.
- AC305 Asset Accounting
- SAP S/4HANA 1909 FP00
- SAP EHP8 for SAP ERP 6.0
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more