- You are an ABAP developer and want to build your own views with ABAP CDS (Core Data Services)? During this course, you will learn the basic idea of Core Data Services and how SAP implemented this concept on the ABAP stack. In these three days, you will get a deep insight into the many features by which CDS Views surpass classical ABAP Dictionary views, and you will learn to leverage the full potential of CDS when defining your own views. Particular highlights will be the extended join possibilities, calculations on database level (including currency conversions), nested views, associations and path expressions, input parameters, and the possibility to link CDS views to authorization checks. Finally, you will get an outlook on the different scenarios for CDS view consumption.
- Working with ABAP Development Tools (ADT)
- Tools for analyzing existing CDS Views
- Defining CDS Views
- ABAP Annotations in CDS Views
- SQL Expressions and SQL Functions in CDS Views
- Nested Views
- Aggregations in CDS Views
- Additional Join Types and UNION (ALL)
- CDS Views with Input Parameters
- Associations in CDS Views
- CDS View Enhancement
- Implicit Authorization Checks for CDS Views
- CDS Table Functions
- Overview of common use cases for CDS Views
- This course will prepare you to:
- Analyze and define views in Core Data Services ABAP (CDS ABAP)
- Understand how CDS Views surpass ordinary database views
- Leverage the available SQL features in CDS Views
- Use CDS specific concepts like input parameters, associations, enhancements, implicit authorization checks and table functions
- Know the most common use cases for CDS Views
- Development Consultant
- SAP S/4HANA 1809
- ABAP Platform 1809
- AS ABAP 7.53
- This course runs on an S/4HANA system (Release 1809) but is applicable for any SAP product based on AS ABAP.
- CDS ABAP does not require a specific database. You can use all its features with any database supported by AS ABAP. The only exception is the use of CDS table functions which requires a SAP HANA database.
- CDS ABAP is available as of release 7.40. Some of the concepts discussed in this course require a higher release.
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more