- This course is an introduction to ABAP programming for the SAP S/4HANA environment. You should not take it if you want to write ABAP in the SAP Business Suite or if you have already taken the class BC400 or BC401 in recent times. If this applies to you, you may instead be interested in the classes D75AW (ABAP Delta) and S4DEV (ABAP Programming Model On SAP S/4HANA).
- The course will equip you with the basic knowledge of the development process, development tools (ABAP Development Tools for Eclipse), and modern expression-based and object-oriented ABAP coding that you need to write applications in SAP S/4HANA. You will learn how to process data in a program and how to read data from the database. You will also discover how to use existing re-usable functions and how to provide your own in the form of ABAP classes.
- The material from this course is essential foundation knowledge that you will need both for further ABAP programming classes and in your own self-study.
- This course is also available in a self-paced e-learning format with an active subscription to the SAP Learning Hub.
- The Development Model in SAP S/4HANA
- The ABAP Development Environment
- Elementary ABAP
- Calling Reusable Procedures
- Using Structures and Internal Tables
- Reading From The Database Using Open SQL
- Creating and Using Classes
- Using Inheritance
- Using Interfaces
- This course will prepare you to:
- Learn elementary programming in ABAP
- Development Consultant
- Technology Consultant
- SAP S/4HANA 2020
- This course is not relevant for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more