- In this course you will get to know the functions of S/4HANA Capacity Planning in discrete manufacturing for planned and production orders. The tools for capacity evaluation and capacity leveling are covered. First, you get to know the capacity evaluation reports. The evaluation reports allow you to analyze the current capacity situation very flexibly. To be able to evaluate typical and special capacity situations more quickly and effectively, various evaluation reports with special default settings and evaluation options are available. Furthermore, you get to know the planning tables for performing capacity leveling. In the tabular planning table, you carry out capacity leveling in periods. The graphical planning table enables you to carry out detailed planning of capacity requirements continuously over time. You will learn about various interactive planning strategies, but also use background processing for dispatching.
- This course will prepare you to:
- Describe the functions of S/4HANA Capacity Planning in discrete manufacturing for planned and production orders.
- The tools for capacity evaluation and capacity leveling.
- Application Consultant
- Business Process Architect
- Business Process Owner / Team Lead / Power User
- Basic knowledge of the master data in discrete manufacturing is required. This is covered in course S4100.
- Furthermore, basic knowledge of the planning processes and of production orders is necessary. This is covered in course S4200.
- Detailed knowledge of the execution of production orders is recommended. This is covered in course S4225.
Course based on software release
- SAP S/4HANA 1909
- SAP Fiori and System Landscape
- Capacity Planning: Overview
- Capacity Evaluation
- Work Center Load Report
- Further Capacity Evaluation Reports
- Work Center Capacity App
- Capacity Leveling
- Tabular Planning Table
- Schedule Production App
- Graphical Planning Table
- Further Topics
- Background Processing
- Modelling Down Times
- Course S4230 covers the functions of capacity planning exclusively for discrete production, that is, for planned orders and production orders.
- A self-paced e-learning version of this training is available as S4230e.
- The functions of Detailed Planning (PP/DS) in Advanced Planning are not subject of this course. Please refer to courses S4MA1 and S4220. Please note that this his course is exclusively intended for users who want to use the standard capacity planning functions.