- This course is a Hands-On Learning and therefore specialized in hands- on experience. The instructor role is supportive, i.e. the instructor opens the lecture to present the topics, explains the work environment, supervises and intervenes, if needed and wanted during the hands-on period.
- SAP HANA includes powerful data modeling capabilities. When it was launched in 2011, the development environment of SAP HANA was called XS. Since SAP HANA 1.0 SPS11, a more open, flexible and sophisticated development environment was introduced to replace XS. This is called XS Advanced (XSA). XSA includes a new design and runtime environment (HDI) and related tooling (Web IDE).
- To take advantage of XSA, all models previously developed in XS should be migrated using the supplied migration tools. In addition, developers will need to upgrade their knowledge from XS based modeling to XSA based modeling and learn how to use the new development tools.
- Preparing for migration
- Consider the different approaches and settings
- Convert deprecated objects to the supported objects using Studio tools
- Exploring the new SAP HANA modeling tools and HDI / XSA architecture
- Developing models using Web IDE for SAP HANA
- Source code management with Git
- XSA / HDI concepts
- New features of calculation views and other modeling artifacts to bring your skills up-to-date
- Migrating XS classic modeling objects to XSA / HDI
- Planning the migration
- Pre-tasks such as setting up the new roles, connections
- Use the Migration Assistant tooling
- Deploy migrated objects to XSA
- Options for moving data / persistency layer to XSA
- This course will prepare you to:
- Plan and execute the migration of models from the legacy development environment of SAP HANA XS to SAP HANA XSA / HDI
- Use the modern SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA modeling tools
- Understand the new XSA / HDI development environment
- Implement best practices for migration phase
- Data Modeler
- BI / BW Consultant
- Database Administrator
- SAP HANA Support Personnel
- Knowledge of SAP HANA XS (legacy) modeling
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS04
- This course assumes students already have a basic knowledge of modeling with SAP HANA XS Classic environment. This course is unsuitable for beginners to SAP HANA modeling. Knowledge of the new XSA / HDI and Web IDE tools is not required as this will be covered in the course.
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more