- In this course you will learn how to develop SAP HANA Native software applications, running on the SAP HANA Platform.
- This course will prepare you to:
- develop SAP HANA native software applications, running on the SAP HANA Platform.
- Developer Consultant
- Before you attend to this course, you must have a basic knowledge about the following subjects:
Course based on software release
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS04
- This course is the natural starting point to learn "native" software development for the SAP HANA Platform. Native means "independent from the ABAP world", the whole application runs based on the SAP HANA platform, no SAP NetWeaver Application Server is used.
- Native applications run based on the SAP HANA extended application services, advanced model (XS Advanced), the application server, natively available in the SAP HANA Platform.
- Due to the similarity of the two architectures, Native applications also run in the SAP Cloud Platform, within the Cloud Foundry application server. This course also fits in case you plan to develop applications for the SAP Cloud Platform. Specific exercises are included to show the way to move applications across the two environments.
- Along the course, you will be guided to:
- Create a multi-target application
- Create and debug a simple Node.js application
- Create the persistence model using Core Data Services
- Create a basic Analytical Data Model Using Calculation Views
- Create and debug a basic SQL Script procedure
- Access remote data from your application
- Access the database from the Node.js application
- Expose data as OData services
- Create the application front-end using HTML5
- Integrate front-end and back-end using the router
- Define the application security roles
- Create basic user interfaces based on SAPUI5
- Create a basic application using the SAP Cloud Application Programming Model
- Manage the source code using Git (optional)
- This course is a "starting point". That is some significant contents are just introduced and can be deepened in follow-up courses. In particular:
- The development of the SAPUI5 user interface is covered by course UX400
- The use of SQL Script is covered by course HA150
- The use of Calculation Views is covered by course HA300
- The use of Flowgraphs and Replication objects is covered by course HA550.