- In this course you will learn how to develop SAP HANA Native software applications, running on both the SAP HANA Platform and the SAP Cloud Platform.
- This course will prepare you to:
- develop SAP HANA native software applications, running on both the SAP HANA Platform and the SAP Cloud Platform.
- Developer Consultant
- Experience of Object Oriented software development
- Experience with database development and SQL query language
- Experience of Web development
Course based on software release
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS03
- This course is the natural starting point to learn "native" software development for the SAP HANA Platform. Native means "independent from the ABAP world", the whole application runs based on the SAP HANA platform, no SAP NetWeaver Application Server is used.
- Native applications run based on the SAP HANA extended application services, advanced model (XS Advanced), the application server, natively available in the SAP HANA Platform.
- Due to the similarity of the two architectures, Native applications al run in the SAP Cloud Platform, within the Cloud Foundry application server. This course also fits in case you plan to develop applications for the SAP Cloud Platform. Specific exercises are included to show the way to move applications across the two environments.
- The basis of Application Development on the deprecated SAP HANA XS Classic application server (still part of the SAP HANA Platform) are also provided, as a useful piece of information for migrating the existing applications from SAP HANA XS Classic to SAP HANA XS Advanced.
- Along the course, you will be guided to "break the ice" with all the development tools and development languages used to realize the different parts of a software application in SAP HANA:
- The persistency layer, based on Core Data Services
- the client-server communication services, based on Node.js and XSODATA
- the user interface, based on SAPUI5
- At the end, you will be able to code simple, but fully functional SAP HANA Software Applications.
- Table of contents:
- Unit 1: Introduction to SAP HANA
- Unit 2: Development Tools
- Unit 3: The Development Project
- Unit 4: The Persistence Model
- Unit 5: OData Services
- Unit 6: Building UIs with SAPUI5
- Unit 7: SQLScript
- Unit 9: Application Deployment
- Unit 10: Authorization in the SAP HANA Database
- Unit 11: Application Development in XS Classic