- In this course, you learn how you can use SAP HANA and new features in the ABAP programming language to optimize existing ABAP code and to develop innovative ABAP applications to enhance your business.
- Understanding SAP HANA and how it impacts the ABAP development paradigm
- Introduction to ABAP development tools (also known as ABAP in Eclipse)
- Taking ABAP to SAP HANA
- Accessing SAP HANA as a secondary database
- Tools to detect potential functional and performance issues when migrating to SAP HANA: code inspector and ABAP test cockpit, ABAP trace and ABAP profiler, SQL trace
- Tools to prioritize performance issues: SQL monitor, SQL performance tuning worklist
- Performance rules and guidelines for ABAP in the context of SAP HANA
- Database independent code-to-data
- Enhanced open SQL
- Defining advanced views using core data services (CDS) and CDS associations in ABAP
- Incorporating authorization checks with CDS in ABAP
- SAP HANA specific code-to-data
- Using native SQL and ABAP data base connectivity (ADBC)
- Creating, using and debugging ABAP managed database procedures
- Using SAP HANA information models in ABAP
- Advanced topics
- ABAP transport of SAP HANA objects (HTC and HTA)
- Using SAP HANA full text search in ABAP
- Enabling input fields for type-ahead search
- SAP list viewer (ALV) optimized for SAP HANA
- This course will prepare you to:
- develop more concise and well-performing ABAP programs using new features of the ABAP programming language
- develop and optimize ABAP applications that access data stored in the SAP HANA database
- Application Consultant
- Development Consultant
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS06
- This course is for developers and consultants who are familiar with programming database access using ABAP and ABAP objects programming and want to learn how to use SAP HANA to speed up such access.
- The course covers many new ABAP features for database access that are not limited to SAP HANA as underlying database.
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more