- This course is built to be suitable for release HANA 1.0 SPS12 and also HANA 2.0 SPS01 audiences.
- This course teaches the core capabilities of SAP HANA for modeling, and covers mainly Graphical modeling, which is illustrated by the SAP HANA Live virtual data model, as well as SQL-based modeling, mainly table functions and procedures, with a focus on performance. It also introduces Core Data Services as a flexible method to model a persistence layer.
- The participants will gain knowledge about the management of modeling content in the SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA, and the key principles of object and data access security in a modeling context.
- We also provide an overview of advanced data processing in the areas of text, spatial, predictive and graph modeling.
- This course will prepare you to:
- Develop information models following SAP best practices for maximum performance and flexibility
- Get started with SQL and SQLScript based modeling
- Manage projects and modeling content in the Web IDE
- Implement security and data access controls around SAP HANA data models
- Get started with advanced data processing such as text, spatial, predictive and graph
- Business application consultant
- Data Consultant / Manager
- Database Administrator
- Application developer
- BI specialist
- HA100 – SAP HANA Introduction
Course based on software release
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS01
- Information Views
- Connect Tables
- Create Dimension and Cube Calculation Views
- Modeling Functions
- Create Hierarchies
- Create Calculated and Restricted Columns
- Filter Data
- Use Variables and Input Parameters
- Implement Currency Conversion
- SAP HANA Studio Modeling
- Virtual Data Models in SAP HANA
- Use SAP HANA Live
- Overview of Virtual Data Models built with Core Data Services (CDS)
- SQL Script and Procedures
- Introduce SQL and SQLScript
- Create a Persistence Layer Using CDS
- Create Table Functions and Procedures
- Management and administration of Models
- Work with Modeling Content
- Create and Manage Projects
- Overview of classical models migration to Web IDE
- Security in SAP HANA Modeling
- Understand the Key Concepts of SAP HANA Security
- Define Data Access Security
- Define Roles
- Optimization of Models
- Apply Best Practices to Model Design
- Introduction to Performance and Analysis Tools
- Overview of Text, Spatial, Predictive and Graph Modeling
- Most of the activities of this course rely on the SAP Web IDE for SAP HANA, but graphical modeling in SAP HANA Studio is also covered with a dedicated unit.
CPE Credits040 Credits
Please note CPE credits are available only for publicly scheduled courses delivered at SAP locations. CPE credits are not available for virtual classroom deliveries or customer specific deliveries.
Register your interest for taking this course
Let us know when and where you'd like to attend and we'll notify you when sessions become available.
Note: Location can be for a public classroom or a virtual that meets your prefered timezone.Register Interest