- In this course, you will learn to prepare and migrate an SAP system to the SAP HANA database.
- The Software Update Manager (SUM) is the tool for system maintenance of SAP systems, based on SAP NetWeaver. Therefore, the objective of this course is to enable students to use the option of SUM, the one-step migration procedure (DMO), to migrate to SAP HANA autonomously.
- The course covers the most important tasks for an SAP HANA administrator for the combined update and migration of an SAP system to the SAP HANA database. Furthermore, it provides details about the preparation of the procedure and technical details of the process.
- Support Consultant
- System Administrator
- Technology Consultant
- HA100 SAP HANA Introduction
- TADM70 SAP System: Operating System and Database Migration
- ADM328 SAP S/4HANA Conversion and SAP System Upgrade
- Experience with SAP software maintenance using Software Update Manager (SUM)
Course based on software release
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS02
- Getting Familiar with Database Migration Option (DMO)
- Listing DMO Benefits
- Explaining DMO Basics
- Preparing Database Migration Option (DMO) Procedure
- Ensuring DMO Prerequisites are Fulfilled on the Host
- Configuring SAP Host Agent for DMO
- Examining the SUM UI
- Configuration of Database Migration Option (DMO) Procedure
- Starting the DMO Run
- Continuing DMO with Roadmap Steps Configuration and Checks
- Continuing DMO with Roadmap Steps Preprocessing
- Listing DMO Procedure Steps
- Monitoring the Migration
- Resetting the DMO Procedure
- Tuning the DMO Downtime
- Listing the DMO Steps After Roadmap Step Preprocessing
- Explaining the DMO Release Schedule
- Listing Migration Options to SAP HANA
- This course provides a step by step exercise how to prepare and start this kind of migration. The exercises cover the DMO specific steps. Due to the time constraints, it is not possible to conduct the complete migration during the course.
- After this course the participants are well prepared for a successfully migration to SAP HANA.
Submit your request
Is the course not scheduled? Or looking for other dates and locations that fit your schedule? Let us know what works for you by clicking the button below and select your preferred location. We will do our best to consider your request.
Note: Location can be for a Virtual Classroom, Public Classroom or Any location (Any Physical location except Virtual Classroom.)Register Interest