- In this course, you will learn how to migrate the database of an SAP system to an SAP HANA database using the database migration option of the Software Update Manager.
- Getting familiar with the database migration option (DMO)
- Listing DMO benefits
- Preparing the DMO procedure
- Configuration of the DMO procedure
- Performing the DMO run
- Listing the DMO procedure steps
- Monitoring the database migration
- Tuning the database migration option downtime
- Performing a reset and cleanup of the procedure
- Performing a benchmark run
- This course will prepare you to:
- The Software Update Manager (SUM) is the tool for system maintenance of SAP systems based on an AS ABAP. Therefore, the objective of this course is to enable students to use the database migration option (DMO) of SUM, to migrate to an SAP HANA database.
- The course covers the most important tasks for an SAP system administrator for the combined SAP system update and migration of the database of an SAP system to the SAP HANA database. Furthermore, it provides details about the preparation of the procedure and technical details of the process.
- Support Consultant
- System Administrator
- Technology Consultant
- General SAP system administration knowledge
- Experience with SAP software maintenance using Software Update Manager (SUM)
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS07
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more