- This course covers in detail all key capabilities of SAP HANA database system administration. Through the lectures and exercises you will learn how to install, update and operate an SAP HANA 2.0 SPS04 database using SAP HANA Cockpit 2.0 SP10. The course covers the most important database administration tasks of an SAP HANA system administrator. During the course, you will learn details about starting and stopping, changing the configuration parameters, monitoring the database, backup and recovery and troubleshoot of a multitenant SAP HANA 2.0 SPS04 database system.
- This course will prepare you to:
- Install and update an SAP HANA 2.0 SPS04 database.
- Installation and configuration of SAP HANA cockpit 2.0 SP10.
- Perform the SAP HANA system administration tasks using SAP HANA cockpit 2.0 SP10 in a multitenant database environment.
- Start and stop, change the configuration, backup and troubleshoot an SAP HANA 2.0 SPS04 database.
- Backup and recover a multitenant SAP HANA 2.0 SPS04 database.
- Database Administrator
- Help Desk/CoE Support
- System Administrator
- Technology Consultant
- Some experience with the Linux operating system
- Some experience in database administration
Course based on software release
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS04
- This course is the best starting point to learn about SAP HANA installation, update, configuration and system administration.
- The course is independent from the SAP NetWeaver administration world, as it teaches how to perform system administration on the SAP HANA platform. The system administration tools used are native to the SAP HANA platform.
- Throughout the course, you will learn about the following SAP HANA tools for installation, update, configuration and system administration.
- SAP HANA database lifecycle manager (HDBLCM)
- SAP HANA cockpit 2.0 SP10
- SAP HANA HDBSQL command line
- At the end, you will be able to perform all the required daily system administration tasks on the SAP HANA database platform.
- SAP HANA introduction
- Installation sizing and OS preparations
- SAP HANA installation and upgrade of a multitenant database
- SAP HANA architecture and deployment options
- SAP HANA cockpit 2.0 installation and configuration
- SAP HANA Administration tools
- Post installation steps
- Database administration tasks using SAP HANA cockpit 2.0
- Backup and recovery using SAP HANA cockpit 2.0
- SAP HANA Security
- User and authorizations
- In case you need to "deep-dive" on specific subjects, this course can be coherently combined with the other courses in the SAP HANA Curriculum, for example HA201 for High availability and Disaster Tolerance Administration, HA215 Using Monitoring and Performance Tools, HA240 Authorizations, Scenarios & Security Requirements and HA250 Database Migration using DMO.