- In order to maximize the performance of data models and applications running on SAP HANA, it is essential that all data related tasks are effectively and according to best practices programmed at the database level. The language used is SQL and its SAP HANA specific extended variant called SQLScript. This course covers programming with SQL and SQLScript in the SAP HANA database and includes all key areas for writing efficient declarative and imperative code and much more. Through examples and exercises you will be guided on the use of recommended approaches from SAP intensively.
- Getting Started
- Fast and effective walk through HDBSQL and SQLScript and its special functionalities
- Understanding XS Advanced and HDI to support HANA development in SQL
- Learn to work with Web IDE for SAP HANA
- Finding quickly the right way to SQL solutions
- SQL Essentials
- SQL Logic Containers
- Creating user-defined functions
- Creating database procedures
- Trapping errors in SQLScript
- User defined libraries-, functions and stored procedures
- Declarative Logic
- Using declarative logic
- Imperative Logic
- Using imperative Logic
- How to implement transactional save points
- Working with Temporal Tables
- OLAP Operations
- Using OLAP Analytic features
- Working with Hierarchies
- Troubleshooting and Best Practices
- Tools for troubleshooting
- Best Practices
- Appendix: Starting from the beginning with SQL fundamentals.
- This course will prepare you to:
- Find smart ways in HANA to push down data intensive tasks to SAP HANA with SQLScript
- Understand how to code using advanced SQLScript techniques with guided best practices
- Follow recommended best practices in data models for writing in- memory optimized SQL code
- Debug and analyze SQL and SQLScript code to generate solutions at higher quality
- Application Developer
- Data Modeler
- BI / BW Consultant
- Data Scientist
- Database Administrator
- SAP HANA Support Personnel
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05
- This course assumes students already have basic knowledge of standard SQL as the focus is on SQLScript and SAP HANA functions in particular Nevertheless the course does include excellent and comprehensive coverage of standard SQL in the introduction and in the appendix part.
- This course is based on SAP HANA 2.0 and uses Web IDE / XSA, but is useful as well for customers coming from SAP HANA 1.0 using Studio / XSC and other SQL clients.
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more