- In order to maximize the performance of data models and applications running on SAP HANA, it is essential that all data related tasks are programmed at the database level. The language used is SQL and its very special extended variant called SQLScript. This course covers programming with SQL and SQLScript on the SAP HANA database and includes all key areas for writing efficient declarative and imperative code. You will also be guided on the use of recommended approaches.
- This course will prepare you to:
- Push down data intensive tasks to the SAP HANA database using SQL and SQLScript
- Understand how to code using advanced SQLScript techniques
- Follow recommended practices for writing optimal SQL and SQLScript
- Debug and analyze SQL and SQLScript code
- Application Developer
- Data Modeler
- BI / BW Consultant
- Data Scientist
- Database Administrator
- SAP HANA Support Personnel
- Previous knowledge of ANSI-92 SQL
Course based on software release
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS04
- Getting Started
- What is SQL and SQLScript?
- Understanding how ABAP developers work with SQLScript
- Understanding XS Advanced and HDI
- Working with Web IDE for SAP HANA
- Understanding the course data
- SQL Logic Containers
- Creating user-defined functions
- Creating database procedures
- Trapping errors in SQLScript
- User defined libraries
- Declarative Logic
- Using declarative logic
- Imperative Logic
- Using imperative Logic
- Transactional Savepoints
- How to implement transactional savepoints
- Analytic Operations
- Using OLAP Analytic features
- Implementing Temporal Tables
- Working with Hierarchies
- Working with Hierarchies
- Troubleshooting and Best Practices
- Tools for troubleshooting
- Best Practices
- Appendix: Starting from the beginning with SQL fundamentals.
- This course assumes students already have a basic knowledge of standard SQL as the focus is on SQLScript. But the course does include excellent and comprehensive coverage of standard SQL in the appendix for those who need to start from the very beginning. The appendix contents will not be covered in class and is for offline use only.
- This course is based on SAP HANA 2.0 and uses Web IDE / XSA but is As well useful for customers working with SAP HANA 1.0 using Studio / XS
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more