- This course covers a broad range of logistics topics relevant to Defense Forces, Humanitarian Aid and Disaster Relief Organizations. Participants get a holistic overview of the SAP Solution for Defense in the area of logistics and maintenance. Many hand-on exercises will help you deepen your knowledge and try-it out in practice.
- DFPS Logistics Introduction
- Describe the motivation for DFPS logistics
- Explain stocks vs provisions
- Explain the organizational structure integration
- Stocks Processes
- Describe material planning objects
- Describe material containers
- Describe equipment packages
- Explain how authorized materials are linked into the organizational structure
- Explain how physical stock is linked into the organizational structure
- Explain the concept of MRP areas in the light of stocks
- Run and interpret the authorized/actual comparison
- Plan and request stock material
- Explain the idea of condition code
- Return material manually
- Return material automatically
- Explain the concept of loans
- Explain return vs loan
- Explain how provisions are integrated into organizational structure
- Describe provision package objects (PPAs)
- Describe relevant material master attributes
- Describe material master data creation in bulk
- Describe mass change of material master data on MRP area level
- Describe how priorities are used in the DFPS Solution
- Describe how requirement priorities and delivery priorities and derived
- Describe how provision packages (PPAs) are used to carry out initial supply of a force element
- Describe how to manually request Materials through standard SAP transactions and through DFPS
- Describe how MRP can be used by defense organizations to plan material provisions
- Describe how requirement priorities can be used to automate the creation of purchase orders and deliveries
- Describe how return deliveries are used for provision materials
- Describe return material manually
- Personal and Functional Equipment
- Describe how SAP DFPS uses personal and functional equipment to manage materials issued to persons
- Describe necessary customizing setting to issue materials to persons
- Describe master data required to issue materials to persons
- Describe the definition of authorized materials for persons
- Describe the process to issue functional equipment
- Describe the process to issue personal equipment
- Monitor the equipment status of persons and force elements
- Describe the process to return functional and personal equipment
- Describe the process of transferring personal and functional equipment from one person to another
- Plant Maintenance integration
- Describe the different technical objects and their roles including master equipment and site equipment
- Define how the force element is integrated with plant maintenance
- Describe the forwarding process of maintenance notifications and maintenance orders
- Describe the usage of extended view for maintenance notification
- Explain maintenance book
- Explain the process of technical objects relocation
- Support of Flight Operations
- Describe the prerequisites to use the functionalities of support of flight operations
- Explain a typical line maintenance scenario
- Explain the different kind of statuses of DFPS line maintenance
- Use the DFPS status board to manage the technical operations of your fleet
- Explain how DFPS supports flight operations management
- Explain how DFPS provides decision support for selecting aircraft to be assigned to a flight
- Explain the debriefing procedure after flight
- Describe the purpose and functionalities of the staff assignment board
- Describe the general steps of customizing for support of flight operations
- This course will prepare you to:
- Consult within an implementation Project of DFPS in S/4 HANA regarding Logistics Integration, Materials Management and Plant Maintenance.
- explain the data model and guide a customer when making basic decisions concerning the modeling of his logistics and maintenance organization.
- Participate in implementation of EA-DFPS specific processes, such as Personal and Functional Equipment and Support of Flight Operations.
- Explain the impacts of EA-DFPS functionalities on the enterprise structure.
- Explain the difference between a DFPS and a cross-industry standard implementation.
- Application Consultant
- Business Process Architect
- Support Consultant
- Business Process Owner/Team Lead/ Power User
- Solution Architect
- Support Consultant
- SAP-Education in one procedural component of our software, such as Materials Management or Plant Maintenance
- DFPS60 or
- DFPS66 Defense and Security Workshop Organizational Flexibility
- SAP S/4HANA 1709 FPS01
- EA-DFPS 802 SP01
- This workshop is a training of the new developed functionality and technique of the defense solution. It will not provide customer specific implementation know how. It will show some best practice approaches of EA-DFPS within the used examples. Organizational Workshop DFPS66 is highly recommended to understand the content of with workshop.
- The training content is subject of changes because the development is an ongoing process. In some parts of the training also customizing topics will be discussed.
- Please be aware that the course materials are delivered in English only.
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more