- This course enables experienced SAP BW users, modelers, as well as administrators to prepare and realize a system conversion to SAP BW/4HANA. The emphasis is on general preparation tasks and how to use the SAP conversion tools for the In-Place Conversion approach as well Remote Conversion approaches.
- Outlining conversion approaches and processes.
- Explaining specific steps and tools to prepare a conversion project.
- Introducing the execution of the In-place Conversion as well as the Remote Conversion with hands-on exercises
- Outlining the Shell Conversion Approach.
- Providing many additional sources related to SAP BW/4HANA system conversion tasks.
- Application experts and consultants with a sound experience in SAP BW
- Project team members preparing a system conversion to SAP BW/4HANA
- Hands-on experience in data modeling with SAP BW 7.x
- BW310 (SAP BW Enterprise Data Warehousing)
- BW330 (SAP BW Data Modeling and Implementation)
- BW362 (SAP BW powered by SAP HANA, delta from SAP BW on any DB)
- BW462 (SAP BW/4HANA, delta from SAP BW on any DB)
Course based on software release
- SAP BW 7.50 SP12
- SAP BW/4HANA 1.0 SP09
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS02
- SAP BW Modeling Tools 1.19
- SAP ECC 6.0
- Getting started
- SAP BW/4HANA
- Conversion Approaches
- Conversion Process
- Preparing the Conversion
- Impact on your System Landscape
- SAP Readiness Check for SAP BW/4HANA
- Sizing Report
- Analysis of Custom Code
- Cleanup Reports
- Preparation of Source Systems
- Realizing the In-place Conversion
- SAP BW/4HANA Starter Add-on
- Transfer of SAP BW Applications with SAP BW/4HANA Transfer Cockpit (including major exercises)
- Transfer of Standard Authorizations
- Clean-up of the System
- Technical Conversion to SAP BW/4HANA
- Concepts of Change/Transport Management
- Realizing the Remote Conversion
- System Landscape Required for this Approach
- Remote Conversion Scope Transfer Details
- Using the SAP BW/4HANA Conversion Cockpit (incl. major exercises)
- Realizing the Shell Conversion
- Shell Conversion Scope Transfer Details
- Introducing Lessons Learned from Conversion Projects
- Describing Lessons Learned from Conversion Projects
- Transfer of SAP BW Analysis Processes (APDs)
- Useful SAP BW/4HANA Sources & Transactions
- This course provides you a very sound foundation of the conversion concepts to SAP BW/4HANA and contains many references to additional documents and information sources.
- This course has a very strong focus on hands-on experience and is based on 20 exercises.
- This course does not cover any data modeling or data acquisition features of SAP BW/4HANA. For that, please use the corresponding SAP BW/4HANA courses or "DBW4H - Data Warehousing with SAP BW/4HANA - Delta from SAP BW powered by SAP HANA to SAP BW/4HANA".