- This course enables experienced SAP BW users, modelers, as well as administrators to prepare and realize a system conversion to SAP BW/4HANA. The emphasis is on general preparation tasks and how to use the SAP conversion tools for the In-Place Conversion approach as well Remote Conversion approaches.
- Outlining conversion approaches and processes.
- Explaining specific steps and tools to prepare a conversion project.
- Introducing the execution of the In-place Conversion as well as the Remote Conversion with hands-on exercises
- Outlining the Shell Conversion Approach.
- Providing many additional sources related to SAP BW/4HANA system conversion tasks.
- Application experts and consultants with a sound experience in SAP BW
- Project team members preparing a system conversion to SAP BW/4HANA
- Hands-on experience in data modeling with SAP BW 7.x
- BW310 (SAP BW Enterprise Data Warehousing)
- BW330 (SAP BW Data Modeling and Implementation)
- BW362 (SAP BW powered by SAP HANA, delta from SAP BW on any DB)
- BW462 (SAP BW/4HANA, delta from SAP BW on any DB)
Course based on software release
- SAP BW 7.50 SP12
- SAP BW/4HANA 1.0 SP09
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS02
- SAP BW Modeling Tools 1.19
- SAP ECC 6.0
- Getting started
- SAP BW/4HANA
- Conversion Approaches
- Conversion Process
- Preparing the Conversion
- Impact on your System Landscape
- SAP Readiness Check for SAP BW/4HANA
- Sizing Report
- Analysis of Custom Code
- Cleanup Reports
- Preparation of Source Systems
- Realizing the In-place Conversion
- SAP BW/4HANA Starter Add-on
- Transfer of SAP BW Applications with SAP BW/4HANA Transfer Cockpit (including major exercises)
- Transfer of Standard Authorizations
- Clean-up of the System
- Technical Conversion to SAP BW/4HANA
- Concepts of Change/Transport Management
- Realizing the Remote Conversion
- System Landscape Required for this Approach
- Remote Conversion Scope Transfer Details
- Using the SAP BW/4HANA Conversion Cockpit (incl. major exercises)
- Realizing the Shell Conversion
- Shell Conversion Scope Transfer Details
- Introducing Lessons Learned from Conversion Projects
- Describing Lessons Learned from Conversion Projects
- Transfer of SAP BW Analysis Processes (APDs)
- Useful SAP BW/4HANA Sources & Transactions
- This course provides you a very sound foundation of the conversion concepts to SAP BW/4HANA and contains many references to additional documents and information sources.
- This course has a very strong focus on hands-on experience and is based on 20 exercises.
- This course does not cover any data modeling or data acquisition features of SAP BW/4HANA. For that, please use the corresponding SAP BW/4HANA courses or "DBW4H - Data Warehousing with SAP BW/4HANA - Delta from SAP BW powered by SAP HANA to SAP BW/4HANA".
Submit your request
Is the course not scheduled? Or looking for other dates and locations that fit your schedule? Let us know what works for you by clicking the button below and select your preferred location. We will do our best to consider your request.
Note: Location can be for a Virtual Classroom, Public Classroom or Any location (Any Physical location except Virtual Classroom.)Register Interest