- This course is also available in a self-paced e-learning format with an active subscription to the SAP Learning Hub, as BW462E.
- This course enables experienced SAP BW users, modelers as well as administrators to run and work with SAP BW/4HANA. The emphasis on how to migrate an existing SAP BW architecture and leverage new data models and functions provided by SAP BW/4HANA.
- Getting started
- SAP HANA
- SAP BW/4HANA
- SAP BW/4HANA Modeling Tools in Eclipse
- SAP BW/4HANA Cockpit
- Paths to SAP BW/4HANA
- In-Place Conversion, Shell Conversion and Remote Conversion Approaches
- SAP HANA Modeling
- SAP HANA native Modeling of Calculation Views
- Differences of HANA Modeling in SAP HANA 1.0 to SAP HANA 2.0
- Core Modeling Artifacts in SAP BW/4HANA
- Advanced DataStore objects
- Open Hub Destinations
- Open ODS Views
- Positioning of these Artifacts in the SAP Layered Scalable Architecture (LSA++)
- Hybrid Modeling in Mixed Scenarios
- Generation of external HANA Calculation Views for BW/4HANA Objects
- Typical use cases for Mixed Scenarios
- Running the SAP BW/4HANA Data Warehouse
- Changes to Authorizations
- The SAP BW/4HANA Content Add-on
- SAP HANA Analysis Processes
- Enhancements to the Analytic Manager
- SAP HANA-optimized Transformations
- Changes to Process Chains
- SAP BW/4HANA Data Lifecycle Management
- Multi-Temperature Data Management
- SAP BW/4HANA Data Tiering Optimization
- Data Provisioning into SAP HANA and SAP BW/4HANA
- SAP LT Replication into SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Smart Data Access
- SAP HANA Smart Data Integration incl. real-time Streaming
- Operational Data Provisioning based on SAP Extractors, and BW InfoProviders
- Introducing Integration Options with Cloud Sources
- SAP BW/4HANA and ABAP Core Data Services
- Overview of SAP Core Data Services
- SAP BW/4HANA Statistical Analysis
- SAP S/4HANA Extraction based on ABAP CDS Views
- CDS-based DataSources in SAP S/4HANA and related content in SAP BW/4HANA
- SAP S/4HANA Embedded Analytics
- Relevance of SAP S/4HANA to SAP BW
- Impact of SAP S/4HANA on your SAP BW strategy
- Appendix (optional)
- SAP BW Workspaces
- Mixed Scenario based on SAP Predictive Analytics
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP BW/4HANA Tool Collection
- SAP BW/4HANA Transaction Codes
- SAP BW/4HANA Support Components
- Outlining advantages of the SAP "In-Memory" database foundation for SAP BW/4HANA in general.
- Introducing new user interfaces for working with SAP BW/4HANA: SAP BW/4HANA Cockpit and SAP BW/4HANA Modeling Tools.
- Outlining the SAP BW/4HANA conversion approaches and the related tools for a transformation project.
- Explaining the roles and features data models in SAP BW/4HANA and position them in the context of SAP´s reference architecture Layered Scalable Architecture (LSA++).
- Explaining native SAP HANA modeling and how both, SAP HANA Calculation Views as well as SAP BW/4HANA objects can complement each other in so-called "mixed scenarios".
- Outlining Multi-Temperature data management concepts and its implementation in SAP BW/4HANA.
- Providing an overview of all source system interfaces and data provisioning methods for consuming data in SAP BW/4HANA.
- Introducing SAP Core Data Services and related use cases in the context of SAP BW/4HANA: Extraction from SAP S/4HANA including available SAP Content, Statistical Analysis of the Data Warehouse Infrastructure and SAP S/4HANA Embedded Analytics.
- Describing the impact SAP S/4HANA might have on your SAP BW strategy.
- Application experts and consultants with a sound experience in SAP BW (non-HANA)
- Project team members implementing and maintaining SAP BW/4HANA
- SAP BW/4HANA 2.0 SP04
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS04
- SAP S/4HANA 1909 FP01
- SAP BW/4HANA Modeling Tools 1.22
- SAP Analysis for MS Office 2.7
- This course provides you a very sound foundation of SAP BW/4HANA and contains many references to additional documents and information sources.
- This course has a very strong focus on hands-on experience based on 29 exercises.
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more