- This course enables experienced SAP BW users, modelers as well as administrators to run and work with SAP BW/4HANA. The emphasis on how to migrate an existing SAP BW architecture and leverage new data models and functions provided by SAP BW/4HANA.
- Outlining advantages of the SAP "In-Memory" database foundation for SAP BW/4HANA in general.
- Introducing new user interfaces for working with SAP BW/4HANA: SAP BW/4HANA Cockpit and SAP BW/4HANA Modeling Tools.
- Outlining the SAP BW/4HANA conversion approaches and the related tools for a transformation project.
- Explaining the roles and features data models in SAP BW/4HANA and position them in the context of SAP´s reference architecture Layered Scalable Architecture (LSA++).
- Explaining native SAP HANA modeling and how both, SAP HANA Calculation Views as well as SAP BW/4HANA objects can complement each other in so-called "mixed scenarios".
- Outlining Multi-Temperature data management concepts and its implementation in SAP BW/4HANA.
- Providing an overview of all source system interfaces and data provisioning methods for consuming data in SAP BW/4HANA.
- Introducing SAP Core Data Services and related use cases in the context of SAP BW/4HANA: Extraction from SAP S/4HANA including available SAP Content, Statistical Analysis of the Data Warehouse Infrastructure and SAP S/4HANA Embedded Analytics.
- Describing the impact SAP S/4HANA might have on your SAP BW strategy.
- Application experts and consultants with a sound experience in SAP BW (non-HANA)
- Project team members implementing and maintaining SAP BW/4HANA
- Several years of hands-on experience in data modeling with SAP BW 7.x
- BW310 (SAP BW Enterprise Data Warehousing)
Course based on software release
- SAP BW/4HANA 2.0 SP04
- SAP HANA 2.0 SPS04
- SAP S/4HANA 1909 FP01
- SAP BW/4HANA Modeling Tools 1.22
- SAP Analysis for MS Office 2.7
- Getting started
- SAP HANA
- SAP BW/4HANA
- SAP BW/4HANA Modeling Tools in Eclipse
- SAP BW/4HANA Cockpit
- Paths to SAP BW/4HANA
- In-Place Conversion, Shell Conversion and Remote Conversion Approaches
- SAP HANA Modeling
- SAP HANA native Modeling of Calculation Views
- Differences of HANA Modeling in SAP HANA 1.0 to SAP HANA 2.0
- Core Modeling Artifacts in SAP BW/4HANA
- Advanced DataStore objects
- Open Hub Destinations
- Open ODS Views
- Positioning of these Artifacts in the SAP Layered Scalable Architecture (LSA++)
- Hybrid Modeling in Mixed Scenarios
- Generation of external HANA Calculation Views for BW/4HANA Objects
- Typical use cases for Mixed Scenarios
- Running the SAP BW/4HANA Data Warehouse
- Changes to Authorizations
- The SAP BW/4HANA Content Add-on
- SAP HANA Analysis Processes
- Enhancements to the Analytic Manager
- SAP HANA-optimized Transformations
- Changes to Process Chains
- SAP BW/4HANA Data Lifecycle Management
- Multi-Temperature Data Management
- SAP BW/4HANA Data Tiering Optimization
- Data Provisioning into SAP HANA and SAP BW/4HANA
- SAP LT Replication into SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Smart Data Access
- SAP HANA Smart Data Integration incl. real-time Streaming
- Operational Data Provisioning based on SAP Extractors, and BW InfoProviders
- Introducing Integration Options with Cloud Sources
- SAP BW/4HANA and ABAP Core Data Services
- Overview of SAP Core Data Services
- SAP BW/4HANA Statistical Analysis
- SAP S/4HANA Extraction based on ABAP CDS Views
- CDS-based DataSources in SAP S/4HANA and related content in SAP BW/4HANA
- SAP S/4HANA Embedded Analytics
- Relevance of SAP S/4HANA to SAP BW
- Impact of SAP S/4HANA on your SAP BW strategy
- Appendix (optional)
- SAP BW Workspaces
- Mixed Scenario based on SAP Predictive Analytics
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP BW/4HANA Tool Collection
- SAP BW/4HANA Transaction Codes
- SAP BW/4HANA Support Components
- This course provides you a very sound foundation of SAP BW/4HANA and contains many references to additional documents and information sources.
- This course has a very strong focus on hands-on experience based on 29 exercises.
Submit your request
Is the course not scheduled? Or looking for other dates and locations that fit your schedule? Let us know what works for you by clicking the button below and select your preferred location. We will do our best to consider your request.Register Interest