- This course enables experienced SAP BW users, modelers as well as administrators to run and work with SAP BW powered by SAP HANA. The highlight is on how to optimize an existing SAP BW architecture and leverage new data models and functions provided by SAP HANA. This course also provides the foundation to plan the further roadmap towards SAP BW/4HANA.
- Outlines advantages of the new SAP "In-Memory" database foundation for SAP BW.
- Explains HANA specific features as well as optimized existing and new data models or functions of SAP BW.
- Enables you to support a migration project to SAP BW on SAP HANA from application side.
- Introduces the SAP architecture framework of LSA++ and provides guidelines on how to adapt an existing one.
- Explains native HANA modeling and how both, HANA information views as well as BW InfoProviders can complement each other in so-called "mixed scenarios".
- Provides an overview on new SAP HANA-related data provisioning methods for SAP BW including HANA Smart Data Access (SDA) and SAP HANA Smart Data Integration (SDI)
- Outlines the concept of Operational Data Provisioning in the context of SAP BW as consumer
- Gives an overview of SAP´s next generation solutions SAP BW/4HANA and SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP BW application consultants
- Project team members implementing and maintaining SAP BW powered by SAP HANA.
- Hands-on experience in data modeling with SAP BW 7.x
Course based on software release
- SAP BW 7.5 SP04
- SAP HANA 1.0 SPS12
- SAP HANA BW Modeling Tools 1.15
- SAP Analysis for MS Office 2.2
- Getting started
- SAP HANA Basics
- SAP BW Modeling Tools
- SAP HANA Native Modeling
- Migration to SAP BW on HANA
- Migration Strategies and Tools
- SAP BW Migration Cockpit
- BW on HANA Data Lifecycle Management
- Multi-Temperature Data Management
- Optimizing BW Data Management based on Dynamic Tiering as well as Active/Non-Active Concept
- Optimizing BW Data Management based on Nearline-Storage
- Optimization Areas in BW on HANA
- HANA-Optimized Data Modeling: InfoCubes
- HANA-Optimized Data Modeling: Advanced DataStore-Objects
- HANA-Optimized Data Modeling: CompositeProviders
- HANA-Optimized Data Modeling InfoObjects
- HANA-Optimized Data Staging and Transformations
- HANA-Optimized Analytic Manager
- HANA-Optimized Analysis Processes
- Modeling with SAP´s Reference Architecture LSA++
- Layered Scalable Architecture (LSA)
- From LSA to LSA++: Streamline Core Layers
- Open Operational Data Store Layer and Open ODS Views
- Hybrid Modeling in Mixed Scenarios
- Generation of external SAP HANA Views for BW Objects
- Modeling Mixed Scenarios
- HANA-Optimized BI Content
- Data Provisioning into SAP HANA and SAP BW
- Data Provisioning Methods
- SAP LT Replication into SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Remote Sources (SDA/SDI)
- Operational Data Provisioning into SAP BW
- Relevance of SAP S/4HANA to SAP BW
- SAP S/4HANA and embedded Analytics
- Impact of SAP S/4HANA to SAP BW
- Appendix (optional)
- SAP BW/4HANA
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Mixed Scenario Example with SAP Predictive Analytics
- SAP BW Workspaces
- New Transactions and Authorizations
- This course provides you a very sound foundation of new BW concepts and contains many references to additional documents and information sources.
- This course has a very strong focus on hands-on experience as it is based on 27 exercises and additional 6 optional ones.
Submit your request
Is the course not scheduled? Or looking for other dates and locations that fit your schedule? Let us know what works for you by clicking the button below and select your preferred location. We will do our best to consider your request.Register Interest