- This course enables experienced SAP BW users, modelers as well as administrators to run and work with SAP BW on SAP HANA. The highlight is on how to optimize an existing SAP BW architecture and leverage new data models and functions provided by SAP HANA. This course also provides the foundation to plan the further roadmap towards SAP BW/4HANA.
- Outlines advantages of the new SAP "In-Memory" database foundation for SAP BW.
- Explains HANA specific features as well as optimized existing and new data models or functions of SAP BW.
- Enables you to support a migration project to SAP BW on SAP HANA from application side.
- Introduces the SAP architecture framework of LSA++ and provides guidelines on how to adapt your existing one.
- Explains native HANA modeling and how both, HANA information views as well as BW InfoProviders can complement each other in so-called "mixed scenarios".
- Provides an overview on new SAP HANA-related data provisioning methods for SAP BW including HANA Smart Date Integration
- Gives an overview of SAP´s next generation Data Warehouse Solution SAP BW/4HANA and how to get there
- SAP BW application consultants
- Project team members implementing and maintaining SAP BW on SAP HANA.
- Hands-on experience in data modeling with SAP BW 7.x
Course based on software release
- SAP BW 7.5 SP04
- SAP HANA SPS12
- SAP HANA BW Modeling Tools 1.15
- SAP HANA Live Browser 1.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Analysis for MS Excel 2.2
- Getting started
- SAP HANA Basics
- SAP BW Basics
- SAP HANA BW Modeling Tools
- SAP HANA Native Modeling
- SAP HANA Live
- SAP S/4HANA embedded Analytics
- Migration to SAP BW on HANA
- Migration Strategies and Tools
- SAP BW Migration Cockpit
- BW on HANA Data Management
- Multi-Temperature Data Management
- Optimizing BW Data Management based on Dynamic Tiering as well as Active/Non-Active Concept
- Optimizing BW Data Management based on Nearline-Storage
- Optimization Areas in BW on HANA
- HANA-Optimized Data Modeling: InfoCubes
- HANA-Optimized Data Modeling: Advanced DataStore-Objects
- HANA-Optimized Data Modeling: CompositeProviders
- HANA-Optimized Data Modeling InfoObjects
- HANA-Optimized Data Staging and Transformations
- HANA-Optimized Analytic Manager
- HANA-Optimized Analysis Processes
- Modeling with SAP´s Reference Architecture LSA++
- Review of Layered Scalable Architecture (LSA)
- From LSA to LSA++: Streamline Core Layers
- LSA++: Open Operational Data Store Layer based on Open ODS Views
- LSA++: BW Workspaces
- Hybrid Modeling in Mixed Scenarios
- Generation of HANA-Views for BW Objects
- Modeling Mixed Scenarios
- HANA-Optimized BI Content
- Use case for Mixed Scenarios: SAP BusinessObjects Predictive Analytics
- Data Provisioning into SAP HANA and SAP BW
- Overview of Data Provisioning Methods into SAP HANA
- SAP LT Replication into SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Smart Data Integration for SAP BW
- Operational Data Provisioning into SAP BW
- DB-Connect and Open Hub Destination
- Summary & Outlook
- Introduction of SAP BW/4HANA
- The HANA Data Warehouse
- Overview of new Transactions and Authorizations
- This course provides you a very sound foundation of new BW concepts and contains many references to additional documents and information sources.
- This course has a very strong focus on hands-on experience based on 33 exercises.