- You will learn how to design and maintain your own data flow components including Process Chains.
- You will work with data flows for attributes, text, hierarchies, and transaction data.
- You will learn how to position the various interface options.
- You will work with the Service API as well as the ODP to extract data from ECC for example.
- You will learn how the delta mechanism works for the Service API, ODP, and other interfaces.
- You will learn about Smart Data Integration and Smart Data Access.
- You will perform flat file imports and how to extract with Data Services.
- You will learn how to perform debug with the Data Transfer Process (DTP) as well as how to use the DTP Full vs. Delta settings.
- You will learn how to do transports for all BW objects.
- SAP BW and HANA Data Acquisition
- Introducing BW and HANA
- Explaining Data Acquisition in SAP BW
- Explaining SAP HANA Optimized Data Staging
- Comparing & Migrating 3.x to 7.x Data Flow Components
- Introducing Data Replication to HANA using SLT, SDI, and SDA
- Data Acquisition with the SAP BW Service API
- Connecting SAP Source Systems to SAP BW
- Displaying the Configuration of the SAP BW Service API
- Modeling Generic DataSources
- Explaining Business Intelligence (BI) Off The Shelf Content
- Loading hierarchies from ECC
- Examining the Transfer of GL Data
- Adapting BI Content DataSources
- Implementing Process Chains
- Delta Data Flow Management
- Describing Delta Management
- Explaining Terms and Basic Processes of Delta Enabled DataSources
- Configuring the Logistics Data Extraction (LO Cockpit)
- Configuring Generic Delta DataSources
- Learning Data Transfer Process (DTP) Settings
- Data Acquisition with ODP and SLT
- Describing Data Acquisition with Operational Data Provisioning (ODP)
- Analyzing Operational Delta Queue (ODQ)
- Replicating Data with SAP Landscape Transformation (SLT)
- Learning the Details of Real Time Data Acquisition (RDA)
- Extracting to BW via ODP-SLT
- Flat File Data Transfer
- Accessing Data from a Flat File
- Loading Flat File Hierarchies
- Using Workspaces for Local Flat File load
- Additional Data Acquisition Techniques
- Positioning DB Connect
- Positioning Universal Data (UD) Integration
- Explaining XML-Based Extraction
- Acquiring Data Using an XML Based Web Service
- Integrating SAP Data Services and SAP BW
- Positioning HANA SDI capabilities for BW
- Data Mart Interface and OpenHub
- Positioning the Data Mart Interface
- Implementing OpenHub Destinations
- Exporting a Hierarchy with OpenHub
- Exporting from a BW InfoProvider to a Native HANA Table
- Overview of BW Transports
- Describing the BW Transport System Landscape
- Determining Object Versions and Metadata
- Managing BW Transports
- Troubleshooting Transport Strategies
- This course will prepare you to:
- Learn how to extract data from SAP source systems with the SAP API (Application Programming Interface) and how to manage delta data
- Acquire data from using different interfaces such as: SDI - Smart Data Integration, SDA - Smart Data Access, ODP -Operational Data Provisioning, Flat File, DB Connect, XML, and Data Services
- Design and maintain process chains and perform transports * Distribute data via Data Marts and Open Hub
- Solution Architect
- System Administrator
- Technology Consultant
- Sound knowledge of the content that is covered in BW310H - Data Warehousing course, especially working with the Data Warehousing Workbench
- Knowledge of the Data Dictionary and at least one SAP Component
- BW 7.5 SP04
- SAP HANA 1.0 SPS 12
- BIP 4.1 SP07
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more