- Participants of this class will learn the key steps to set up Standard Consolidation on the SAP BW/4HANA landscape. You will learn how the system components work together by discussing system architecture.
- You will learn how to configure Consolidation by using BPC 11.0. These same skills are applicable to BPC10.0 and BPC10.1.
- Participants will learn how to configure Consolidation from the ground up in an end-to-end scenario. You will design foundation objects such as dimensions and models from a Consolidation perspective. Dimensional properties and model settings will be discussed in depth to understand how each plays a part in the consolidation engine.
- Data flows for master and transaction data are described and practiced in consolidation relevant scenarios.
- Participants will learn how to design the ownership model and dimensions and then how to maintain the investment structure data in the Ownership Manager.
- Script logic as it is used for balancing, reclassification, and running tasks via data manager packages are explained in detail.
- You will learn consolidation Business Rule configuration and how to use the Consolidation BPC Web Client to carry out month-end closing tasks. All business rules are covered: Currency translation, balance carry forward, reclassification, US elimination for intercompany and well as intracompany / matrix, controls, methods, multipliers, eliminations adjustments.
- Consolidation of investment concepts such as for the purchase and equity method are discussed. Hands on exercises include: investment, equity, goodwill, minority interest, dividend eliminations for example. Automatic entries for Scope changes are explained.
- Intercompany eliminations for sales, cost, accounts payable/receivable are discussed, configured, and tested. Stage/multi-level consolidations are included. Equity Pick Up is explained and the business rule is tested.
- You will use the EPM add-in as the primary reporting and analysis user interface as well as Analysis for Office to meet supplemental reporting needs.
- Participants will learn to configure and use process control features including work status, controls, and running Business Process Flows from Excel.
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation Overview
- Describing SAP Business Planning and Consolidation
- Running Consolidation Tasks
- Implementing BPC Standard Consolidation
- Modeling Consolidation Structures and Reporting
- Configuring Environments and Dimensions
- Creating Models for Consolidation
- Creating Reports and Formats in the EPM Add-In
- Report on BPC Standard Data in Analysis for Office
- Data Collection and Preparation
- Collecting Transforming Data for Consolidation Scenarios
- Creating Consolidation Logic
- Configuring Reclassifications
- Configuring Balance Carryforward
- Managing Journals
- Consolidations and Eliminations
- Translating Local Currency
- Configuring Intercompany Matching and Booking
- Using the Ownership Manager
- Configuring Integration Rules
- Eliminating Intercompany Transactions
- Configuring Intercompany US Elimination
- Designing Management, Matrix, and Multiple Accounting Standard Solutions
- Describing Consolidation and Elimination Principles
- Consolidating Investments
- Describing Stage Consolidation
- Configuring Scope Variation
- Configuring Equity Pickup
- Consolidation Process Monitoring
- Configuring Work Status
- Using the Controls Monitor to Validate Data
- Configuring Consolidation Business Process Flows
- Learn how to design, configure, consolidate, and report with BPC Standard.
- Project Team Members
- IT Support Team Members
- Advanced Business Analysts
- System Administrators
- Application Consultants
- Business Process Owners / Team Leads / Power Users
- Program / Project Managers
- Experience in accounting and consolidation.e
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 11.0 SP4, version for SAP BW/4HANA SP8
- EPM Plug-in of Analysis for Office 2.6
- This course is relevant for the following SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (SAP BPC) applications:
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, version for SAP NetWeaver 10.x
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, version for SAP BW/4HANA 11.0
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more