- This 10-12 hour eLearning course explains how to perform the tasks in the central management console (CMC). These tasks involve supporting BusinessObjects TM Enterprise users and groups so they can access corporate data through the web portal in BusinessObjects Enterprise. The security of this corporate data is also covered. This corporate data can take the form of Crystal Reports, BusinessObjects Web Intelligence, or Desktop Intelligence documents, Voyager workspaces, program objects, object packages, and popular third-party objects, such as Microsoft Word and Excel files, among others. Please note: this course does not discuss maintaining BusinessObjects Enterprise servers, which is taught in the BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.0/3.1: Administering Servers – Windows course.
- The business benefit of this course is that it provides a foundation for System Architects/Administrators to effectively manage both users and content on the BusinessObjects Enterprise platform.
- Note: This course was developed based on the product availability of Java only. A course addendum and future revision will reflect any changes in functionality or new features introduced in .NET.
- BusinessObjects Edge Series XI 3.0/3.1
- Note: This course also applies to you if you are a system administrator for BusinessObjects Edge Series. Any product differences between BusinessObjects Edge and BusinessObjects Enterprise are outlined within the course so you understand which areas do not apply to your deployment.
- The target audience for this course is system architects / administrators who are new to BusinessObjects Enterprise and will be responsible for maintaining BusinessObjects Enterprise users, groups, and objects in their organization.
- This course is delivered using BusinessObjects XI 3.1. The content and activities are applicable to all audiences, with the exception of some specific features which are identified as you go through the course to eliminate confusion.
- Prerequisite Education
- Not applicable for this offering. * Prerequisite Knowledge/Experience (While not required for this course, experience with these products or technologies will be helpful:)
- Windows conventions
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2000/2003 administration
- Windows Server 2000/2003 security concepts (global/local groups, and directory structure)
Course based on software release
- BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.0
- BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
- BusinessObjects Edge Series 3.0
- BusinessObjects Edge Series 3.1
- What is BusinessObjects Enterprise?
- Managing BusinessObjects Enterprise Content
- Securing BusinessObjects Enterprise Content
- Application Security
- Scheduling Content
- Publishing and Publications