- This course provides you with fundamental knowledge on how to ensure a smooth operation of SAP systems running on Application Server ABAP (AS ABAP).
- AS ABAP is the technological foundation of SAP Business Suite as well as SAP S/4HANA systems. In this five-day training, you will learn how to perform various administrative tasks to keep the SAP system running.
- You will learn the theoretical administration concepts within AS ABAP and work practically in an SAP system and on the operating system level.
- AS ABAP Fundamentals
- Starting and Stopping SAP Systems
- Technical System Configuration
- Setting profile parameters
- Setting up and working with operation modes
- Working with task lists
- Architecture of database systems
- Understanding basic database administration
- Fundamentals of User Administration
- Understanding the user administration concept
- Understanding the AS ABAP authorization concept
- RFC Communication
- Setting up RFC connections
- Software Maintenance
- Implementing SAP Notes and SAP Support Packages
- Preparing a software maintenance process
- Working with the Support Package Manager (SPAM)
- Understanding the Software Update Manager (SUM)
- Output Management
- Configuring printers
- Background Processing
- Scheduling background jobs
- System Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Monitoring architecture
- Monitoring with SAP Solution Manager
- This course will prepare you to:
- start and stop SAP systems
- perform system configuration tasks
- describe the architecture of database systems
- explain fundamental user administration concepts
- create RFC destinations
- implement SAP notes and SAP Support Packages
- configure printers in SAP systems
- schedule and monitor background jobs
- System Administrator
- System Architect
- Technology Consultant
- Basic knowledge of operating systems and database
- SAP S/4HANA 2020
- AS ABAP 7.55
Find a course date
Can't find a suitable date?
Booking for 1-2 people?
Make a request for us to schedule training around what works for you? We will do our best to consider your request.Request a training date
Booking for 3+ people?
Our 3 to RUN initiative empowers you to schedule our chosen classroom training course or virtual SAP Live Class on a date that suits you. You need at least three confirmed participants to register and SAP will add it to your schedule.Find out more