- The "SAP Certified Application Professional - Financials in SAP S/4HANA for SAP ERP Finance Experts (SAP S/4HANA 1809)" certification exam validates a candidate's ability to independently prepare, setup and lead an implementation project of Financials in SAP S/4HANA. Building on the candidate’s sound project experience in SAP ERP (Financial Accounting or Management Accounting) of at least 5 years, this certification focuses on a deep understanding of the architectural and functional differences between SAP ERP Financials and SAP S/4HANA Finance: E.g. explaining the architecture of the SAP S/4HANA Financials component, configuring and using the new functionalities in Financial and Management Accounting on SAP S/4HANA, using the SAP Fiori applications designed for SAP S/4HANA, and guiding a team through a migration project of SAP S/4HANA by understanding the prerequisites for a migration, configuration of the system in preparation for migration, and performing the required migration steps. This certificate proves that the candidate has the overall understanding and skills required to be a qualified supervisor of the team performing the implementation of Financials in SAP S/4HANA. The candidate also has all required capabilities to act as an application consultant and team member himself/herself.
- To ensure success, SAP recommends combining education courses and hands-on experience to prepare for your certification exam as questions will test your ability to apply the knowledge you have gained in training.
- You are not allowed to use any reference materials during the certification test (no access to online documentation or to any SAP system).
Please see below the list of topics that may be covered within this certification and the courses that cover them. Its accuracy does not constitute a legitimate claim; SAP reserves the right to update the exam content (topics, items, weighting) at any time.
Architecture Overview of Financials in SAP S/4HANA and the Central Finance Solution > 12%
Describe the technical components and architecture of financials in SAP S/4HANA, the Universal Journal Architecture, and analyse the Universal Journal Entry; outline the Simple Finance Solution. analyse the Universal Journal Entry; outline the Simple Finance Solution.
Financial Accounting Configuration in SAP Accounting Powered by SAP HANA > 12%
Describe the new master data maintenance model and explain the changes to authorizations. Describe the enhancement to Ledgers with the Universal Journal; customize and use the Extension Ledger functionality; configure and Use Document Splitting; post documents to Financial Accounting; perform closing operations, and explain Financial Accounting integration.
Management Accounting Configuration in SAP Accounting Powered by SAP HANA > 12%
Perform customizing for Management Accounting integration, configure and use the Material Ledger, explain integration of CO with materials management and integration of CO with sales and distribution, configure and use Profitability Analysis, and perform planning and budgeting for Management Accounting and period-end closing for Management Accounting.
System Preparation and Configuration for Conversion of Financials in SAP S/4HANA > 12%
Asset Accounting Configuration in SAP Accounting Powered by SAP HANA 8% - 12%
Outline the features of new Asset Accounting, compare the types of Asset Accounting (new, classic), configure new Asset Accounting, explain the new Asset Accounting posting logic, and perform day to day activities in new Asset Accounting and period end closing in new Asset Accounting.
Conversion and Post-conversion Activities for Financials in SAP S/4HANA 8% - 12%
Basics of SAP HANA, SAP S/4HANA and SAP Fiori < 8%
Basics of Cash Management Powered by SAP HANA and SAP BPC for SAP S/4HANA < 8%
All SAP consultant certifications are available as Cloud Certifications in the Certification Hub and can be booked with product code CER006. With CER006 – SAP Certification in the Cloud, you can take up to six exams attempts of your choice in one year – from wherever and whenever it suits you! Test dates can be chosen and booked individually.
Each specific certification comes with its own set of preparation tactics. We define them as "Topic Areas" and they can be found on each exam description. You can find the number of questions, the duration of the exam, what areas you will be tested on, and recommended course work and content you can reference.
Certification exams might contain unscored items that are being tested for upcoming releases of the exam. These unscored items are randomly distributed across the certification topics and are not counted towards the final score. The total number of items of an examination as advertised in the Training Shop is never exceeded when unscored items are used.
Please be aware that the professional- level certification also requires several years of practical on-the-job experience and addresses real-life scenarios.
For more information refer to our FAQs.
- SAP Global Certification FAQ - Overview
- SAP Global Certification FAQ - Exam Process
- SAP Global Certification FAQ - Post-Exam Process
Safeguarding the Value of Certification
SAP Education has worked hard together with the Certification & Enablement Influence Council to enhance the value of certification and improve the exams. An increasing number of customers and partners are now looking towards certification as a reliable benchmark to safeguard their investments. Unfortunately, the increased demand for certification has brought with it a growing number of people who to try and attain SAP certification through unfair means. This ongoing issue has prompted SAP Education to place a new focus on test security. Please take a look at our post to understand what you can do to help to protect the credibility of your certification status.
Our Certification Test Security Guidelines will help you as test taker to understand the testing experience.