- The "SAP Certified Specialist - SAP Activate for Cloud Solutions Project Manager" certification exam verifies that the candidate has the knowledge required in the area of SAP project management. This exam validates whether SAP Cloud-focused project managers have advanced business skills and the ability to apply methodologies and tools. Aside from advanced communication and presentation skills, this certificate also verifies that the project manager has skills to manage internal and external stakeholders, basic knowledge of change management processes, and communicating these processes to others. This exam validates that project manager can successfully manage the end-to-end transition of the project from Sales to Realization, can develop roadmaps for project execution, and understand testing and quality management. In particular for SAP Cloud-related projects, the exam verifies that the Project Manager can apply the SAP Activate Methodology.
- It is strongly recommended that candidates are in possession of an SAP Implementation Associate Consultant certification.
- See topic areas section on this page for ways to attain knowledge (you find there: openSAP code, and Learning Hub e-book and e-learning course codes and units).
- Candidates should have an SAP Learning Hub subscription in order to gain access to relevant units of the e-books or e-learnings.
- The certification is targeted towards SAP Cloud-focused project managers. The ways to attain knowledge therefore are not incorporating on-premise solution specifics.
- To ensure success, SAP recommends combining education courses and hands-on experience to prepare for your certification exam as questions will test your ability to apply the knowledge you have gained in training.
- You are not allowed to use any reference materials during the certification test (no access to online documentation or to any SAP system).
Please see below the list of topics that may be covered within this certification and the courses that cover them. Its accuracy does not constitute a legitimate claim; SAP reserves the right to update the exam content (topics, items, weighting) at any time.
Agile Project Planning > 12%
Describe the agile project roles and responsibilities and the preparation of the project including the planning, estimation, user story mapping and construction of backlog
- e-book ACT200_EN_Col12
SAP Activate Overview > 12%
Define factors influencing SAP Activate, its purpose and place among other frameworks
- e-book ACT100_EN_Col13 Unit 2,4
SAP Activate Elements > 12%
Provide an overview of content, tools and methodology elements of SAP Activate Solution Implementation Framework. Include Fit to Standard
- ACT100_EN_Col13 Units 2, 3, 4
Workstreams Overview > 12%
Describe concepts, artefact flows, accelerators, tools and roles for each Workstream within SAP Activate Methodology
- e-book ACT100_EN_Col13 Unit 4
Cloud example - "New Implementation SAP S/4HANA Cloud" > 12%
Describe concepts, landscape overview and specifics in Workstreams related to implementing SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- ACT100_EN_Col13 Unit 5 L1,Unit 4
SAP Cloud Application Lifecycle Management > 12%
Introduction to SAP Cloud ALM, Value of SAP Cloud ALM, Introduction to SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation, Conducting Fit-to-Standard Workshops, Introduction to SAP Cloud ALM for Operations, Monitoring Business Processes
Agile Project Delivery 8% - 12%
Describe how the project team prepares release and sprint plans, and the structure and key activities in each sprint. Discuss key techniques used in agile projects
- e-book ACT200_EN_Col12
All SAP consultant certifications are available as Cloud Certifications in the Certification Hub and can be booked with product code CER006. With CER006 – SAP Certification in the Cloud, you can take up to six exams attempts of your choice in one year – from wherever and whenever it suits you! Test dates can be chosen and booked individually.
Each specific certification comes with its own set of preparation tactics. We define them as "Topic Areas" and they can be found on each exam description. You can find the number of questions, the duration of the exam, what areas you will be tested on, and recommended course work and content you can reference.
Certification exams might contain unscored items that are being tested for upcoming releases of the exam. These unscored items are randomly distributed across the certification topics and are not counted towards the final score. The total number of items of an examination as advertised in the Training Shop is never exceeded when unscored items are used.
Please be aware that the professional- level certification also requires several years of practical on-the-job experience and addresses real-life scenarios.
For more information refer to our SAP Certification FAQs.
Safeguarding the Value of Certification
SAP Education has worked hard together with the Certification & Enablement Influence Council to enhance the value of certification and improve the exams. An increasing number of customers and partners are now looking towards certification as a reliable benchmark to safeguard their investments. Unfortunately, the increased demand for certification has brought with it a growing number of people who to try and attain SAP certification through unfair means. This ongoing issue has prompted SAP Education to place a new focus on test security. Please take a look at our post to understand what you can do to help to protect the credibility of your certification status.
Our Certification Test Security Guidelines will help you as test taker to understand the testing experience.