- The "SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP S/4HANA for Financial Accounting Associates (SAP S/4HANA 2020)" certification exam verifies that the candidate possesses fundamental knowledge and proven skills in the area of SAP S/4HANA Financial Accounting. It tests that the candidate has a good overall understanding within this consultant profile and can implement this knowledge practically in projects under the guidance of an experienced consultant. It is recommended as an entry-level qualification to allow consultants to get acquainted within Financial Accounting projects. This certificate is the ideal starting point for a professional career as a Financial Accounting consultant on SAP S/4HANA. If experience in SAP implementation projects of Financial Accounting are added over years, a professional career can be validated by taking a second exam: "SAP Certified Application Professional - Financials in SAP S/4HANA for SAP ERP Financials experts".
- To ensure success, SAP recommends combining education courses and hands-on experience to prepare for your certification exam as questions will test your ability to apply the knowledge you have gained in training.
- You are not allowed to use any reference materials during the certification test (no access to online documentation or to any SAP system).
Please see below the list of topics that may be covered within this certification and the courses that cover them. Its accuracy does not constitute a legitimate claim; SAP reserves the right to update the exam content (topics, items, weighting) at any time.
Financial Closing > 12%
Perform month and year-end closing in Financial Accounting (exchange rate valuation, post provisions etc.), create balance sheet, create profit and loss statements, monitor closing operations using the Financial Closing Cockpit, manage accruals, and manage posting periods.
General Ledger Accounting > 12%
Create and maintain general ledger accounts, exchange rates, bank master data and define house banks. Create and reverse general ledger transfer postings, post cross-company code transactions, create profit centers and segments. Clear an account and define and use a chart of accounts. Maintain tolerances, tax codes, and post documents with document splitting.
Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable > 12%
Create and maintain business partners, post invoices and payments and use special g/l transactions, reverse invoices and payments, block open invoices for payment, configure the payment program, and manage partial payments. Define the customizing settings for the Payment Medium Workbench, use the debit balance check for handling payments, define terms of payment and payment types, explain the connection of customers to vendors, describe integration with procurement and sales.
Asset Accounting > 12%
Create and maintain charts of depreciation and the depreciation areas, asset classes, asset master data, and configure and perform FI-AA business processes in the SAP system. Set up valuation and depreciation, perform periodic and year-end closing processes, and explain and configure parallel accounting.
Organizational Assignments and Process Integration > 12%
All SAP consultant certifications are available as Cloud Certifications in the Certification Hub and can be booked with product code CER006. With CER006 – SAP Certification in the Cloud, you can take up to six exams attempts of your choice in one year – from wherever and whenever it suits you! Test dates can be chosen and booked individually.
Each specific certification comes with its own set of preparation tactics. We define them as "Topic Areas" and they can be found on each exam description. You can find the number of questions, the duration of the exam, what areas you will be tested on, and recommended course work and content you can reference.
Certification exams might contain unscored items that are being tested for upcoming releases of the exam. These unscored items are randomly distributed across the certification topics and are not counted towards the final score. The total number of items of an examination as advertised in the Training Shop is never exceeded when unscored items are used.
Please be aware that the professional- level certification also requires several years of practical on-the-job experience and addresses real-life scenarios.
For more information refer to our FAQs.
- SAP Global Certification FAQ - Overview
- SAP Global Certification FAQ - Exam Process
- SAP Global Certification FAQ - Post-Exam Process
Safeguarding the Value of Certification
SAP Education has worked hard together with the Certification & Enablement Influence Council to enhance the value of certification and improve the exams. An increasing number of customers and partners are now looking towards certification as a reliable benchmark to safeguard their investments. Unfortunately, the increased demand for certification has brought with it a growing number of people who to try and attain SAP certification through unfair means. This ongoing issue has prompted SAP Education to place a new focus on test security. Please take a look at our post to understand what you can do to help to protect the credibility of your certification status.
Our Certification Test Security Guidelines will help you as test taker to understand the testing experience.