- The 'SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP S/4HANA for Management Accounting Associates (SAP S/4HANA 1909)' certification exam verifies that the candidate possesses fundamental knowledge and proven skills in the area of SAP S/4HANA Management Accounting. It tests that the candidate has a good overall understanding within this consultant profile and can implement this knowledge practically in projects under the guidance of an experienced consultant. It is recommended as an entry-level qualification to allow consultants to get acquainted within Management Accounting projects. This certificate is the ideal starting point for a professional career as a Management Accounting consultant on SAP S/4HANA. If experience in SAP implementation projects of Management Accounting are added over years, a professional career can be validated by taking a second exam which focuses on the migration from SAP ERP to SAP S/4HANA: "SAP Certified Application Professional - Financials in SAP S/4HANA for SAP ERP Financials experts".
- To ensure success, SAP recommends combining education courses and hands-on experience to prepare for your certification exam as questions will test your ability to apply the knowledge you have gained in training.
- You are not allowed to use any reference materials during the certification test (no access to online documentation or to any SAP system).
Please see below the list of topics that may be covered within this certification and the courses that cover them. Its accuracy does not constitute a legitimate claim; SAP reserves the right to update the exam content (topics, items, weighting) at any time.
Cost Center Accounting > 12%
Define, create and configure cost centers, cost center hierarchies and cost center groups. Determine usage of Cost Center Accounting and type of planning functionality, cost center accounting activity types, cost center characteristics and attributes, planning requirements, plan allocations requirements and actual allocations for cost centers. Configure period end closing for CCA.
Product Cost Planning > 12%
Determine and configure product cost planning, define interface from CO-PCP (Product Cost Planning) to CO-PA (Profitability Analysis) and costing versions for alternative costings, determine cost elements structure, cost component structure, planning requirements, costing variants and multi-level costings, and carry out a Price update in the material master record.
Profitability Analysis > 12%
Define value fields, characteristics and summary characteristics, determine planning, actual and process flow and security requirements, design process flows and develop authorization concept for reporting of FI / CO data. Configure profitability analysis and determine the operating concern, and assignment to controlling area. Define currency and assign the chart of accounts, result analysis and revenue recognition (in cooperation with FI and SD), and configure period-end closing for PA.
Cost Object Controlling > 12%
Determine and configure cost object controlling - planning and actuals, and customize and complete cost object controlling in a make to stock scenario and in a make to order scenario. Define WIP, results analysis, variances and revenue recognition (in cooperation with FI and SD) and configure period end closing for cost objects.
Internal Orders 8% - 12%
Distinguish between order category and order type. Determine plan data, commitments and actual requirements for internal orders and determine period-end closing activities. Define, create and configure internal orders and create a concept for internal order accounting, and customize internal order accounting, determine settlement rules and configure period-end closing for IOA.
Reporting 8% - 12%
Organizational Assignments and Process Integration 8% - 12%
Define scopes and processes in Management Accounting, cross-company code design, sub-contracting, production execution, sales pricing, inbound freight, stock transfers, inventory valuation and transfer pricing, work in process rules and high-level requirements for organization units. Configure budgeting and availability control settings and period end closing, define statistical key figures and assign the controlling area to company codes and operating concern. Check number ranges and first integration flows with other modules (CO), and configure versions.
All SAP consultant certifications are available as Cloud Certifications in the Certification Hub and can be booked with product code CER006. With CER006 – SAP Certification in the Cloud, you can take up to six exams attempts of your choice in one year – from wherever and whenever it suits you! Test dates can be chosen and booked individually.
Each specific certification comes with its own set of preparation tactics. We define them as "Topic Areas" and they can be found on each exam description. You can find the number of questions, the duration of the exam, what areas you will be tested on, and recommended course work and content you can reference.
Certification exams might contain unscored items that are being tested for upcoming releases of the exam. These unscored items are randomly distributed across the certification topics and are not counted towards the final score. The total number of items of an examination as advertised in the Training Shop is never exceeded when unscored items are used.
Please be aware that the professional- level certification also requires several years of practical on-the-job experience and addresses real-life scenarios.
For more information refer to our FAQs.
- SAP Global Certification FAQ - Overview
- SAP Global Certification FAQ - Exam Process
- SAP Global Certification FAQ - Post-Exam Process
Safeguarding the Value of Certification
SAP Education has worked hard together with the Certification & Enablement Influence Council to enhance the value of certification and improve the exams. An increasing number of customers and partners are now looking towards certification as a reliable benchmark to safeguard their investments. Unfortunately, the increased demand for certification has brought with it a growing number of people who to try and attain SAP certification through unfair means. This ongoing issue has prompted SAP Education to place a new focus on test security. Please take a look at our post to understand what you can do to help to protect the credibility of your certification status.
Our Certification Test Security Guidelines will help you as test taker to understand the testing experience.