- The "SAP Certified Application Associate - Financial Accounting (FI) with SAP ERP 6.0 EhP6" certification exam verifies that the candidate possesses fundamental knowledge and proven skills in the area of SAP ERP Financial Accounting. The exam validates that the candidate has a good and overall understanding within this consultant profile, and can implement this knowledge practically in projects under guidance of an experienced consultant. This certificate is the ideal -although not mandatory- prerequisite for the qualification to SAP Certified Professional in Financial Accounting. It is recommended as an entry-level qualification to allow consultants to get acquainted within Financial Accounting projects.
- As a subscriber to SAP Learning Hub you have not only access to all relevant training materials but also can benefit from so-called Learning Rooms for your exam preparation. A Learning Room is a virtual learning space that guides you through all the training related to this certification and also offers supplementary materials. Learning Rooms are led by SAP’s top instructors who help students with their learning and provide answers to their questions.
- To ensure success, SAP recommends combining education courses and hands-on experience to prepare for your certification exam as questions will test your ability to apply the knowledge you have gained in training.
- You are not allowed to use any reference materials during the certification test (no access to online documentation or to any SAP system).
- Some language versions may not be available at Pearson VUE. Please check the available language versions here.
Please see below the list of topics that may be covered within this certification and the courses that cover them. Its accuracy does not constitute a legitimate claim; SAP reserves the right to update the exam content (topics, items, weighting) at any time.
Asset Accounting > 12%
Create and maintain chart of depreciations and the depreciation areas. Create and maintain asset classes and asset master data. Configure and perform FI-AA business processes in the SAP System. Setup valuation and depreciation. Perform periodic and year-end closing processes. Explain and configure parallel accounting (with the accounts solution).
Accounts Payable > 12%
Create and maintain vendor accounts. Post and reverse invoices and payments and use special g/l transactions. Manage partial payments. Block open vendor invoices for payment. Configure and use the payment program. Define the customizing settings for the Payment Medium Workbench. Create a payment medium using the PMW. Use the debit balance check for handling payments Set up dunning and execute dunning. Define terms of payment and payment types. Explain the connection of customers to vendors. Understand integration with procurement. Create special g/l indicators and post with special g/l indications.
General Ledger Accounting > 12%
Create and maintain general ledger accounts, exchange rates, bank master data and define house banks. Create and reverse general ledger transfer postings, post cross-company code transactions, create profit centers and segments. Clear an account and define and use a chart of accounts. Maintain tolerances, tax codes, and post documents with document splitting. Other general ledger accounting topics included, and describe the concept of SAP Simple Finance add-on for SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA.
Financial Closing 8% - 12%
Perform month and year-end closing in Financial Accounting (exchange rate valuation, post provisions etc.). Create balance sheet and profit and loss statements. Monitor closing operations using the Financial Closing Cockpit. Post accruals with accrual documents and recurring entry documents. Manage posting periods.
SAP Financials Basics 8% - 12%
Map the accounting structure of a company in SAP. Create a company code. Create and assign fiscal year variants. Define currencies. Configure and test validations and substitutions. Set up document types and number ranges. Utilize and explain posting keys.
Reporting 8% - 12%
Create evaluations in the information system. Customize the accounts receivable/accounts payable information system. Use drilldown reporting. Define forms and execute reports. Create, change and execute queries. Create and modify your own queries in the BEx Analyzer, execute BW reports.
Accounts Receivable 8% - 12%
Create and maintain customer accounts. Post invoices and reverse and payments and use special g/l transactions. Manage partial payments. Define terms of payment and payment types. Explain the connection of customers to vendors. Set up correspondence and send periodic account statements. Understand integration with sales and distribution. Create special g/l indicators and post with special g/l indications.
Each specific certification comes with its own set of preparation tactics. We define them as "Topic Areas" and they can be found on each exam description. You can find the number of questions, the duration of the exam, what areas you will be tested on, and recommended course work and content you can reference.
Certification exams might contain unscored items that are being tested for upcoming releases of the exam. These unscored items are randomly distributed across the certification topics and are not counted towards the final score. The total number of items of an examination as advertised in the Training Shop is never exceeded when unscored items are used.
Please be aware that the professional- level certification also requires several years of practical on-the-job experience and addresses real-life scenarios.
Safeguarding the Value of Certification
SAP Education has worked hard together with the Certification & Enablement Influence Council to enhance the value of certification and improve the exams. An increasing number of customers and partners are now looking towards certification as a reliable benchmark to safeguard their investments. Unfortunately, the increased demand for certification has brought with it a growing number of people who to try and attain SAP certification through unfair means. This ongoing issue has prompted SAP Education to place a new focus on test security. Please take a look at our post to understand what you can do to help to protect the credibility of your certification status.
Our Certification Test Security Guidelines will help you as test taker to understand the testing experience.