- The "SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP Access Control 12.0" certification exam for essentials edition validates that the candidate possesses core knowledge in the SAP Governance, Risk and Compliance line of business area required of the consultant profile. This certification proves that the candidate has an overall understanding and in‐depth technical skills to participate as a member of an SAP Access Control implementation project team with a focus on SAP Governance, Risk, and Compliance in a mentored role. This certification exam is recommended as an entry level qualification.
- To ensure success, SAP recommends combining education courses and hands-on experience to prepare for your certification exam as questions will test your ability to apply the knowledge you have gained in training.
- You are not allowed to use any reference materials during the certification test (no access to online documentation or to any SAP system).
- Please note that with passing this exam you will be asked to keep your certification current with every new product release. For more information click here . Once you pass the exam, you will be required to pass regular assessments to stay current for all subsequent SAP S/4HANA Cloud releases to maintain your certification status and SAP Global Certification digital badge. SAP Learning Hub subscription will be required.
Please see below the list of topics that may be covered within this certification and the courses that cover them. Its accuracy does not constitute a legitimate claim; SAP reserves the right to update the exam content (topics, items, weighting) at any time.
GRC Configuration Settings > 12%
Configure shared SAP Access Control settings. Synchronize objects in the SAP Access Control repository. Schedule and view background jobs. Activate Business Configuration (BC) sets. Describe the SAP Governance, Risk and Compliance portfolio of solutions.
MSMP Workflow > 12%
User Provisioning > 12%
Configure settings to provision users. Configure provisioning and field mapping. Configure end user personalization form. Create and copy requests for user access and organizational assignments. Configure parameters for periodic access review requests. Configure password self-service.
Access Risk Management > 12%
Configure Access Risk Analysis. Maintain risks and critical access rules. Guide customer to recognize and remediate risks. Create mitigating controls and assignments based on customer requirements. Configure and monitor audit trails.
Emergency Access Management > 12%
Configure Emergency Access Management settings. Set up SAP Access Control scheduled jobs. Plan for emergency access. Set up critical firefighting roles and assignments based on customer requirements. Guide customer on how to monitor emergency access.
Integration Framework 8% - 12%
Business Role Management 8% - 12%
Configure role methodology. Map roles to authorize access to specific application functions. Create business roles to group related roles. Perform Role Mass Maintenance operations. Use role mining to consolidate roles.
Business Rule Framework 8% - 12%
Periodic Review < 8%
All SAP consultant certifications are available as Cloud Certifications in the Certification Hub and can be booked with product code CER006. With CER006 – SAP Certification in the Cloud, you can take up to six exams attempts of your choice in one year – from wherever and whenever it suits you! Test dates can be chosen and booked individually.
Each specific certification comes with its own set of preparation tactics. We define them as "Topic Areas" and they can be found on each exam description. You can find the number of questions, the duration of the exam, what areas you will be tested on, and recommended course work and content you can reference.
Certification exams might contain unscored items that are being tested for upcoming releases of the exam. These unscored items are randomly distributed across the certification topics and are not counted towards the final score. The total number of items of an examination as advertised in the Training Shop is never exceeded when unscored items are used.
Please be aware that the professional- level certification also requires several years of practical on-the-job experience and addresses real-life scenarios.
For more information refer to our FAQs.
- SAP Global Certification FAQ - Overview
- SAP Global Certification FAQ - Exam Process
- SAP Global Certification FAQ - Post-Exam Process
Safeguarding the Value of Certification
SAP Education has worked hard together with the Certification & Enablement Influence Council to enhance the value of certification and improve the exams. An increasing number of customers and partners are now looking towards certification as a reliable benchmark to safeguard their investments. Unfortunately, the increased demand for certification has brought with it a growing number of people who to try and attain SAP certification through unfair means. This ongoing issue has prompted SAP Education to place a new focus on test security. Please take a look at our post to understand what you can do to help to protect the credibility of your certification status.
Our Certification Test Security Guidelines will help you as test taker to understand the testing experience.