- This certification test verifies the knowledge in the area of SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.0. It validates that the Associate Consultant has a good sound knowledge and understanding of SAP Business Planning and Consolidation in SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.0, version for SAP NetWeaver and SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.0, version for the Microsoft platform. Based on that knowledge the successful Associate is able to apply those acquired skills to perform a variety of appropriate implementation, customization and maintenance related tasks within a project team and contribute positively to the success of a project under the guidance of senior project team members. A typical Associate - SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.0 consultant would have a maximum of three years experience in the field but project experience should not be prerequisite for a competent and well trained candidate to pass this exam.
- To ensure success, SAP recommends combining education courses and hands-on experience to prepare for your certification exam as questions will test your ability to apply the knowledge you have gained in training.
- You are not allowed to use any reference materials during the certification test (no access to online documentation or to any SAP system).
- Some language versions may not be available at Pearson VUE. Please check the available language versions here.
Please see below the list of topics that may be covered within this certification and the courses that cover them. Its accuracy does not constitute a legitimate claim; SAP reserves the right to update the exam content (topics, items, weighting) at any time.
Administration > 12%
Describe how to execute optimization, the difference between Light vs. Full optimization, the four areas of security: users, teams, data access profiles, task profiles, and how to best set up security, how to transport BPC objects, how to configure the three URL based drill through options: Websites, BW, and ECC and how to use drillthough from Excel reports, what work status does, how to set up work states, the integration of work status with the owner property, and where to run work status reports.
Dimensions > 12%
Input Forms and Reports > 12%
Explain how to create EPM Excel reports and input forms, how to format, how to share a report axis, how to use the EPM options, how to set up a cross model report, how to create an input form, how to work with comments in the EPM add-in, how to configure and execute the Book Publisher, how to save files to be shared or for personal use.
Models 8% - 12%
Explain model types, which dimension types are used by each model type, how to secure dimensions, how to create models and make model settings such as for comments and data storage, and identify the BW objects created for each model.
Data Manager 8% - 12%
Describe the purpose of the data manager, how to create your own packages based on delivered process chains, how to create transformation and conversion files, how to execute packages and review logs, how to use data manager packages to import both master and transaction data.
Logic and Calculations 8% - 12%
Explain how to use script logic syntax, what the default logic file does, how to execute script logic via a data manager package, how to scope data records, and how to use the script debugger, how to use EPM Functions, how to create local members in the EPM add-in, how to use EPM macros, how to create dimension member formulas, and when to use dimension member formulas.
Business Rules and Controls 8% - 12%
Explain how to configure business rules including: methods, method based mulitpliers, eliminations and adjustments, us eliminations, inter company booking, copy opening, currency translation, controls, and reclassification.
Web Client and Dashboards 8% - 12%
Explain how to turn on data and activity audit and how to run the audit reports, create a business process flow template, create a business process flow instance, use a business process flow, the web client library, and add documents to the content library. Create document types and subtypes, workspaces and add objects to them, a dashboard to display BPC data, and run time and design time connections.
- BPC410 (BUS. PLANNING & CONS. 10.1)
Consolidation Central 8% - 12%
Describe how to execute currency translation, eliminations, the difference between incremental and full processing mode. Set and run data controls, and describe what happens when a data control fails and how to look up the root cause. Describe how to input ownership data, run ownership calculations, create journal templates, single period and multi period journals. Run journal reports.
Each specific certification comes with its own set of preparation tactics. We define them as "Topic Areas" and they can be found on each exam description. You can find the number of questions, the duration of the exam, what areas you will be tested on, and recommended course work and content you can reference.
Certification exams might contain unscored items that are being tested for upcoming releases of the exam. These unscored items are randomly distributed across the certification topics and are not counted towards the final score. The total number of items of an examination as advertised in the Training Shop is never exceeded when unscored items are used.
Please be aware that the professional- level certification also requires several years of practical on-the-job experience and addresses real-life scenarios.
Safeguarding the Value of Certification
SAP Education has worked hard together with the Certification & Enablement Influence Council to enhance the value of certification and improve the exams. An increasing number of customers and partners are now looking towards certification as a reliable benchmark to safeguard their investments. Unfortunately, the increased demand for certification has brought with it a growing number of people who to try and attain SAP certification through unfair means. This ongoing issue has prompted SAP Education to place a new focus on test security. Please take a look at our post to understand what you can do to help to protect the credibility of your certification status.
Our Certification Test Security Guidelines will help you as test taker to understand the testing experience.