- The "SAP Certified Development Associate - SAP Customer Data Cloud" certification exam validates that the candidate possesses the fundamental and core knowledge required of the development consultant profile. This certification proves that the candidate has an overall understanding and in‐depth technical skills to participate as a member of an SAP Customer Data Cloud project team in a mentored role. This certification exam is recommended as an entry level qualification.
- To ensure success, SAP recommends combining education courses and hands-on experience to prepare for your certification exam as questions will test your ability to apply the knowledge you have gained in training.
- You are not allowed to use any reference materials during the certification test (no access to online documentation or to any SAP system).
- Please note that with passing this exam you will be asked to keep your certification current with every new product release. For more information click here . Once you pass the exam, you will be required to pass regular assessments to stay current for all subsequent SAP Customer Data Cloud releases to maintain your certification status and SAP Global Certification digital badge. SAP Learning Hub subscription will be required.
- This certification is based on an annual release cycle. This version is available for 12 months and a new version will be published with each new release. To view specific dates around version availability, click here.
Please see below the list of topics that may be covered within this certification and the courses that cover them. Its accuracy does not constitute a legitimate claim; SAP reserves the right to update the exam content (topics, items, weighting) at any time.
Data Schema > 12%
Describe and use the Identity and Data Store in SAP Customer Data Cloud. Create and update schema fields using the schema editor and REST API calls.
Customer Identity and Site Groups > 12%
Explain and configure the different options of Customer Idenity policies. Explain the features of Customer Identity including, lite and full screen-sets, social login, account linking, workflows and progressive profiling. Discover Customer Idenity feauters to develop your site using the Customer Data Cloud's Web SDK and REST API. Explain Site Groups, Single sign on and Risked Based Authentication in SAP Customer Data Cloud. Perform the required steps to configure these features.
Extensibility and Dataflows > 12%
Explain how to configure and process webhook events. Describe how to secure webhooks notifications. Explain Identity Sync flows, use error path and custom flows. Configure and create Dataflows schedules.
Enterprise Preference Management and Consent 8% - 12%
Identify the main elements of enterprise consent management. Implement SAP customer consent with and without SAP customer Identity and using screensets and REST API.
Federation 8% - 12%
Identify the different technologies for federating data using SAP Customer Data Cloud. Explain federation using JWT, OIDC and SAML.
Console - Administration and Configuration < 8%
Describe how to configure user groups, applications, permissions and API Keys using SAP Customer Data Cloud's Administration Console.
CIAM for B2B < 8%
Explain CIAM for B2B, Organization Access Management, end user Self-Service & Delegated Administration, and Policy based access control.
Mobile Apps < 8%
Integrate SAP Customer Data Cloud in your mobile application using the Customer Data Cloud's mobile SDK. Identify the differences between Plugin View and Native approach in mobile apps and explain proper session management techniques.
Best Practices < 8%
Describe best practices with cookies, signature and token validation, mobile apps, security and UX when working with SAP Customer Data Cloud.
All SAP consultant certifications are available as Cloud Certifications in the Certification Hub and can be booked with product code CER006. With CER006 – SAP Certification in the Cloud, you can take up to six exams attempts of your choice in one year – from wherever and whenever it suits you! Test dates can be chosen and booked individually.
Each specific certification comes with its own set of preparation tactics. We define them as "Topic Areas" and they can be found on each exam description. You can find the number of questions, the duration of the exam, what areas you will be tested on, and recommended course work and content you can reference.
Certification exams might contain unscored items that are being tested for upcoming releases of the exam. These unscored items are randomly distributed across the certification topics and are not counted towards the final score. The total number of items of an examination as advertised in the Training Shop is never exceeded when unscored items are used.
Please be aware that the professional- level certification also requires several years of practical on-the-job experience and addresses real-life scenarios.
For more information refer to our SAP Certification FAQs.
Safeguarding the Value of Certification
SAP Education has worked hard together with the Certification & Enablement Influence Council to enhance the value of certification and improve the exams. An increasing number of customers and partners are now looking towards certification as a reliable benchmark to safeguard their investments. Unfortunately, the increased demand for certification has brought with it a growing number of people who to try and attain SAP certification through unfair means. This ongoing issue has prompted SAP Education to place a new focus on test security. Please take a look at our post to understand what you can do to help to protect the credibility of your certification status.
Our Certification Test Security Guidelines will help you as test taker to understand the testing experience.