- The "SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.3" certification exam verifies that the candidate possesses proven skills and fundamental knowledge in designing, deploying and running SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.3. This exam measures the candidate's knowledge of SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform, starting with the tasks involved in supporting SAP Business Intelligence platform users and groups, so as to access corporate data through the SAP Business Intelligence platform's web portal. It tests the candidate's skills in configuring and managing servers in an SAP Business Intelligence platform deployment, as well as in designing and deploying an SAP Business Intelligence platform system.
- To ensure success, SAP recommends combining education courses and hands-on experience to prepare for your certification exam as questions will test your ability to apply the knowledge you have gained in training.
- You are not allowed to use any reference materials during the certification test (no access to online documentation or to any SAP system).
Please see below the list of topics that may be covered within this certification and the courses that cover them. Its accuracy does not constitute a legitimate claim; SAP reserves the right to update the exam content (topics, items, weighting) at any time.
Architecture and Administration > 12%
Describe the architecture of SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform. Add and manage objects in SAP BusinessObjects BI platform, manage users and groups, administer rights, secure applications, schedule objects, manage events, and use alerts.
Platform Functionality > 12%
Use the Central Configuration Manager and Central Management Console to manage servers. Explain the role of different servers in SAP BusinessObjects BI platform.
Design and Deployment > 12%
Design a scalable system using the concepts of High Availability, Scalability, Sizing, Disaster Recovery and Lifecycle Management.
Platform Configuration 8% - 12%
Configure servers and perform common server management and administrative tasks in SAP BusinessObjects BI platform.
Information Flow 8% - 12%
Describe how information flows from server to server for system processes such as logging onto the system, scheduling reports, viewing reports, creating a publication, executing dashboards and client auditing.
Content Management 8% - 12%
Administer and manage BI content in single or multiple deployments, manage instances, manage calendars and publish reports.
Monitoring and Auditing < 8%
Monitor and Audit BI Platform
Installation and Backup < 8%
Perform installation and backup.
Troubleshooting < 8%
Troubleshoot problems in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform.
Authentication, Authorization and Security < 8%
Describe the authorisation and security features in BI 4.1
All SAP consultant certifications are available as Cloud Certifications in the Certification Hub and can be booked with product code CER006. With CER006 – SAP Certification in the Cloud, you can take up to six exams attempts of your choice in one year – from wherever and whenever it suits you! Test dates can be chosen and booked individually.
Each specific certification comes with its own set of preparation tactics. We define them as "Topic Areas" and they can be found on each exam description. You can find the number of questions, the duration of the exam, what areas you will be tested on, and recommended course work and content you can reference.
Certification exams might contain unscored items that are being tested for upcoming releases of the exam. These unscored items are randomly distributed across the certification topics and are not counted towards the final score. The total number of items of an examination as advertised in the Training Shop is never exceeded when unscored items are used.
Please be aware that the professional- level certification also requires several years of practical on-the-job experience and addresses real-life scenarios.
For more information refer to our FAQs.
- SAP Global Certification FAQ - Overview
- SAP Global Certification FAQ - Exam Process
- SAP Global Certification FAQ - Post-Exam Process
Safeguarding the Value of Certification
SAP Education has worked hard together with the Certification & Enablement Influence Council to enhance the value of certification and improve the exams. An increasing number of customers and partners are now looking towards certification as a reliable benchmark to safeguard their investments. Unfortunately, the increased demand for certification has brought with it a growing number of people who to try and attain SAP certification through unfair means. This ongoing issue has prompted SAP Education to place a new focus on test security. Please take a look at our post to understand what you can do to help to protect the credibility of your certification status.
Our Certification Test Security Guidelines will help you as test taker to understand the testing experience.