Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for SAP Education Australia and New Zealand
SAP AustraliaPrinter friendly version
SAP Australia and New Zealand
The following policies apply to all Classroom, Virtual Classroom, Customer Specific Project Team Training, eLearning Training Services and Products in Australia and New Zealand.
All standard published classroom fees are on a per student basis. These fees include the price for instruction, a training manual, mid-day meal and refreshments.
Parking fees, if any, are not included in the Course prices. The student will need to pay for these separately, at their own cost.
The price of the Course shall be as stated and are exclusive of GST (Australia 10%, New Zealand 15%). The applicable GST will be payable in addition to the price advertised.
Early Bird Discounts
Early Bird Discounts do not apply to eLearning, Learning Hub, eAcademy, Customer Specific events or Certification Exams. For all other Education courses the following discounts apply:
- Save 10% when your registration is received for a public Course 4 weeks (20 working days) prior to the Course commencement date
- Save 5% when your registration is received for a public Course 3 weeks (15 working days) prior to the Course commencement date.
All Early Bird registrations must be accompanied by credit card or preferred card details as payment is required prior to Course commencement in order to receive applicable discounts.
SAP reserves the right to change our discount structures listed on our website and any other fees at any time. However, we will attempt to give fair notice on price changes whenever possible.
Group Discounts do not apply to eLearning, Learning Hub, eAcademy, Customer Specific events or Certification Exams. For all other Education courses the following discounts apply:
- Register four people from the same company on the same public Course, and receive a 50% discount off the full Course fee for the fourth registration.
- Early Bird discounts can still apply to the other three registrations.
- No further discount may be applied to the fourth booking.
- All group bookings must be accompanied by credit card or preferred card details as payment must be made prior to Course commencement to receive applicable discounts.
The maximum discount possible when used in conjunction with any other offers by SAP Australia Pty Ltd or SAP New Zealand Limited is capped at 25%.
SAP offers several payment options. The payment method must be established at the time of registration or scheduling the Course. You may pay for the Course fees using one of the following options:
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
- Invoice to the Customer when provided with a properly executed and approved copy of a customer purchase order
- SAP Preferred Card
If you are using a purchase order (PO) as the payment method, we require a copy of the purchase order documentation at the time of registration as we cannot process your registration request without this accompanying documentation. For on-site or Customer Specific Courses, a copy of the PO document should be faxed or emailed to SAP to arrive no later than 14 business days prior to the start date. The SAP Education fax number is +61 2 9935 4520 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment Terms and Confirmation
SAP Education payment terms are 30 days from date of invoice.On receipt of a registration, a registration acknowledgement letter will be sent by email to the person making the booking. If the Course is confirmed you will be notified approximately 10 working days prior to the Course commencement date. This confirmation letter contains all details relating to location, start and finish times of the Course.
It is important that this information is passed on to all students who are attending the training Course as venues may not always be at an SAP office.
First day: 9:30am - 5:00pm
Subsequent days: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Note: Some Customer Specific Courses & workshops may start at a different time, please check your Course Confirmation letter or Casual Work Order for details.
SAP reserves the right to exclude participants from attending any Course due to disorderly conduct, failure to observe any of SAP's rules of participation or failure to attend the prerequisite class or classes for a particular Course. No refund of fees shall be paid to participants in such circumstances.
Participants shall ensure that all Course attendees fulfil the Course prerequisites that are set and communicated by SAP. SAP reserves the right to exclude any participant who does not fulfil such prerequisites. No refund of fees shall be paid to participants in such circumstances.
Course participants must make their own arrangements for accommodation. A list of hotels is provided for most locations on our website.This information is provided for your convenience. Please be advised that SAP does not control, promote, endorse, or assume any liability of any kind for or relating to any aspect of the services provided by these hotels, including, without limitation, their shuttle bus or other transportation services or the acts or omissions of their officers, employees, contractors, or other agents. Any use of the hotel services including, without limitation, their shuttle bus or other transportation is a personal decision and solely between you and the hotel or transportation provider.
SAP strictly prohibits the tape or digital recording and rebroadcast of audio or video of our education events.
If a Course is fully booked, your registration will be waitlisted. An SAP Education team member will contact you.
Classroom and Virtual Live Classroom Training
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
Date of cancellation or rescheduling request received in writing (measured from the first day of the Course).
- 11 business days or more: No charge·
- 10 business days or less: 100% of the total Course fee is payable (unless a replacement student is nominated).
- Non-attendance: No refund
Should you be unable to attend a Course for which you have registered, please let us know as soon as possible. Cancellations must be made in writing and emailed to email@example.com or faxed to AU: +61 2 9935 4520.
SAP Education will endeavour to confirm or cancel an event with a minimum of 10 working days notice. Courses require minimum attendee numbers to be confirmed so if you are interested in attending, please register as soon as possible to indicate your commitment. If a Course has been withdrawn from the schedule, no claims for compensation can be accepted other than the refund of the Course fee. If for any reason, a Course is cancelled, the participants sole remedy shall be a refund of the Course fees paid. In no circumstance shall SAP be liable for any direct, or indirect, consequential or special damages. SAP shall not be liable for damages of any kind resulting from errors or omissions in its training materials nor shall SAP be liable for any damages resulting from the use of its training materials or other information conveyed at an SAP Course.
SAP Customer Specific Training
Terms and conditions for Customer Specific Training will be stated in the Casual Work Order (CWO) agreement, which must be signed prior to confirmed scheduling of the requested training.
Feedback on SAP Courses is very important to SAP. In the unlikely event a student is extremely dissatisfied with a Course, please provide SAP with written notice (in a form other than the post Course survey) of and details regarding such dissatisfaction, within ten (10) business days of completion of the applicable Course. Please address correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org. After receiving such notice, SAP may, in its sole discretion, determine if any remedy (such as a credit) is appropriate. SAP will not consider a possible remedy if such notice not received within the ten (10) business days set forth above.
All refunds are handled on a case-by-case basis. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to enquire about a refund.
All registrations for SAP Certification Exams must be accompanied by credit card or preferred card details and must be paid for prior to taking the exam.
SAP will define and publish the scope to be covered by each examination and the format and the duration of the examination, which is subject to change by SAP without notice.
All participants are to show photo identification to the exam co-ordinator prior to commencing exam.
Re-taking Certification Exams
The full fee is payable for any re-sits of Certification Exams. Unsuccessful candidates may not sit the same exam for the same release more than three times. A candidate who has failed at an exam three times for a release may not attempt that exam again until the next release.
Rescheduling Certification Exams
Please contact your certification centre to discuss rescheduling your exam date, and any applicable fees that may apply.
Certification Exams with Pearson Vue
SAP Education sell certification vouchers to enable candidates to take exams at a Pearson Vue training Centre.
- The price for these vouchers will be the same as the current advertised price charged by a) SAP Education b) Pearson Vue for SAP exams
- Pearson Vue vouchers will be valid for twelve months from date of purchase from SAP. No extensions are granted.
- Pearson Vue vouchers are non-refundable once purchased
SAP PREFERRED CARDS
You can use your SAP Preferred Card for SAP training Courses held in the country the card is purchased, and listed on http://www.sap.com/australia/services/education.
Training Courses include:
- Customer Specific Project Team Training
- Onsite Project Team Training
- Standard Classroom Courses at SAP training centres
- SAP Academy and certification Courses
- Online Knowledge Products (OKP’s)
- SAP eLearning and eAcademy Courses
The SAP Preferred Card is valid from the date payment is received by SAP Australia Pty Ltd or SAP New Zealand Ltd. The validity period ranges from 12 – 18 months depending upon your investment.Please note: SAP Preferred card cannot be used for purchasing Education Consulting Services or Education Software licences. You can use your SAP Preferred Card only when it is issued by SAP Australia Pty Ltd, and it is valid only for SAP training Courses organised by SAP Australia Pty Ltd and held in Australia. Or, when it is issued by SAP New Zealand Limited and it is valid only for SAP training Courses organised by SAP New Zealand Limited and held in New Zealand.
Who can Buy / Use the SAP Preferred Card?
Any registered Australian or New Zealand Company (or its subsidiaries) can purchase an SAP Preferred Card. SAP Preferred Cards are made out in the name of the purchasing organisation. One person within that company will be nominated as the administrator and all correspondence will be directed to the nominated person. Use of the SAP Preferred Card by the purchasing organisation and its affiliates is unrestricted, but no benefit or interest can be transferred to a third party. SAP Australia Pty Ltd or SAP New Zealand Ltd will not refund the price or any part of the price of any SAP Preferred Card purchase.
SAP Preferred Card Prices
The SAP Preferred Cards currently offered are:
Customer Contribution (AUD/NZD) Additional Credits Validity
25,000 - 49,999 5% 12 months
50,000 - 99,999 7.5% 12 months
100,000 - 149,999 10% 18 months
150,000 - 249,999 15% 18 months
250,000 - 499,999 20% 18 months
500,000 + 25% 18 months
Prices above exclude GST.
Payment for SAP Preferred Cards
Upon purchase of the SAP Preferred Card, SAP Australia Pty Ltd / SAP New Zealand Ltd will send you a written acknowledgement of your purchase of the SAP Preferred Card together with an invoice. The SAP Preferred Card will remain in the possession of SAP, which acts as trustee for your company’s benefit.
Payment for SAP Preferred Card is due immediately and must be made upon receipt of invoice. Only upon receipt of payment can you and your employees benefit from your SAP Preferred Card credits. The SAP Preferred Card is activated on the day the payment is credited to the SAP Australia Pty Ltd / SAP New Zealand Ltd account.
If you book a place on an SAP training Course and payment for the card is not already credited to the account of SAP Australia Pty Ltd / SAP New Zealand Ltd before the Course starts the Course fee cannot be charged to the SAP Preferred Card. You will receive an invoice for the regular Course fee and your company forgoes being able to use preferred card funds.
If the final balance on your SAP Preferred Card does not cover the full fee for a Course booked, you can either ‘top up’ your existing preferred card with additional funds or you can request SAP Australia Pty Ltd / SAP New Zealand Ltd invoice you the balance of the Course fee.
Top Up Purchases
Additional credits will be applied if a minimum top up of $ 50,000 (ex GST) is purchased within the original validity period of your existing preferred card. E.g. If you purchase $ 120,000 and within 18 months you purchase a further $ 50,000 you will receive the same 10% additional credit on the $ 50,000.
Every person using eLearning Products or SAP Software must be licensed under these terms and conditions for accessing, downloading, or using the eLearning Products or SAP Software.
Employees and others who have access to the eLearning Products or SAP Software must be informed of SAP's copyright and rights of authorship and their duty to conform to the copyright laws. Customer shall carefully safeguard the eLearning Products that have been made available to the Customer or Registrants, to prevent their misuse. Customer is permitted to use the eLearning Products and SAP Software only for its own internal training purposes and only for those who have licensed the eLearning Products. The SAP Software and eLearning Products are confidential and proprietary information of SAP and customer agrees not to disclose this information to any third party or use such information except as expressly permitted herein.
Customer acknowledges that SAP shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief for any breach of this agreement by Customer from which irreparable harm would ensue.
Customer acknowledges that it is illegal and a violation of this license agreement to copy or distribute eLearning Products, SAP Software download/online products, links, S-Users, or passwords among non-licensed persons.
In the event Customer breaches any provision of this agreement SAP shall have the right to immediately terminate this agreement and Customer's license to use the products licensed hereunder. Upon any such termination, Customer shall immediately cease use of such products, delete and destroy any tangible or electronic embodiments of such information in its possession, and certify in writing to SAP that the foregoing has been completed.
SAP, SAP AG (the parent company of SAP) or its or their licensors owns all intellectual property rights in the SAP Education products, SAP Confidential Information, services, course content and materials provided by SAP under this Agreement. Any rights not expressly granted to you in this agreement are reserved by SAP. You are not permitted to make any derivative works of the services or training materials provided under this Agreement. The services and training materials are SAP Confidential Information.
Consumption of eLearning and OKP Titles
For the eLearning and OKP titles listed in the Subscription Sale eLearning Products Ordered section the customer is responsible for identifying or assigning employees to each eLearning title purchased on this Subscription contract. Once the assigned employee registers for the Course the eLearning or OKP title may not reassigned to or used by another customer employee.
Consumption of eLearning through Bulk Access Code
By confirming registration to eLearning products through the use of a bulk access code, the Customer represents and warrants that it has ensured with all persons or employees accessing the eLearning products through the use of a bulk access code, e.g. by having obtained necessary consents, that their access activities and history may be stored by SAP and provided to Customer as contemplated herein. Which means that customer before having procured said consent - has informed the respective persons or employees that their eLearning access activities and history may be included in reports which can be run by those persons or employees of customer who have been nominated as access code administrators for the customer. ELearning access information in the reports will be confined to the aforementioned company access code administrator and will not be shared with any other party. Access code reporting will only include user information linked to the access code, and will not include any user access information related to personal education or purchases made outside the terms of the access code(s).
EAcademy Access Extensions
An eAcademy is an eLearning bundle representing the content you would receive in an SAP Education classroom delivered academy curriculum. With eAcademies students are provided two (2) or five (5) months of access to a self-paced learning environment. Access extensions may be granted for a fee of 395 + GST AUD/NZD per month. A maximum of 3-months extension permitted. Extensions can only be granted prior to or within 2 weeks of the original access end date.
Site License Download Grant and Access
ELearning products licensed via the site license will be delivered via secure electronic download. Information on accessing the eLearning products for download will be sent via e-mail to the Ship (Deliver) To Contact Name designated on the eLearning order form. For eLearning products, the following restrictions apply:
- SAP will enable the customer to perform the electronic download for a period of 30 days from the date the e-mail notification is sent.
- Upon downloading the files it is the Customer’s responsibility to maintain backup copies of the files for future use by their organization.
- If there are difficulties in the download, the Customer must notify SAP immediately so corrective actions can be taken.
- Delivery shall be considered to be complete when SAP provides the Customer access instructions for the secure electronic download.
Site License Grant
Upon signing the Order Form, SAP grants to the Customer a site license to use the eLearning products for the intended purpose for internal use only as detailed below. The Customer has no rights beyond those stated and contained in the Order Form and this agreement. The Customer cannot assign, delegate, pledge, or otherwise transfer the eLearning product, or any of its rights or obligations under the Order Form or this agreement to any third party, whether voluntarily or by operation of law, including by way of sale of assets, merger or consolidation.
Customer Use of Third-Parties to Host Site Licenses
If specified in the General Terms and Conditions that are applicable for the education program that is licence by SAP to the Customer, the Customer may be entitled to contract with a Third-Party to provide the technical infrastructure necessary to make the eLearning products licensed available internally. If the customer does contract with a Third-Party , the customer is responsible to ensure the Third Party safeguards the eLearning products in a manner consistent with the requirements outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
By submitting an order for SAP Education online eLearning products (Online Products), you are confirming your agreement and acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- Once the order for Online Products is received, there are no refunds or cancellation. All sales are final.
- A confirmation of your order will be provided to the contact identified in the order form, or to the registrant for online or telephone registration.
- Once access is established, an access notification will be provided to the contact identified in the order form or the registrant via fax or e-mail.
- If you have any difficulties with the access, follow the instructions contained in the access notice. Refer to the acceptable payment terms listed under Payment Options. Access to the Online Products will be provided approximately 14 days following the receipt of full payment. Access duration will be six (6) months from the date the original access is established.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ONLINE PRODUCTS
The following general terms and conditions apply for orders from the Customer and shall apply exclusively to the current version of the Online Product at the time of order. The Customer assents to these terms and conditions by using the products licensed hereunder.
- “Customer" means the entity whose employees or contractors are licensed to access the Online Products hereunder.
- "Online Products" means any eLearning or other information covering SAP solutions provided under this license. For example, SAP Education eLearning courses, learning maps, SAP library documentation, installation guides, implementation guides, release notes, scheduled workshops, eLearning units, self-tests, or other sources.
- "Online Products Registrant" mean employees of the Customer who are licensed under these terms and conditions for Online Products.
- "SAP Software" means the SAP software products licensed to customers by SAP.
- "SAP" means SAP Australia Pty Ltd, SAP New Zealand Ltd. or SAP AG.
2. Download and Access
Access to Online Products is only available online via an Internet connection. Online Product participants must have an appropriate user ID to gain access, and all names must be provided to SAP as needed.
Delivery shall be considered to be complete when SAP provides the Customer confirmation of access by fax or e-mail ("Delivery"). The quoted net license fees or prices do not include customs duties, taxes, cost of warehousing, or any other official import charges.
The Customer shall check the Online Products for completeness and notify SAP immediately in the event the Online Product is incomplete.
If the Customer experiences difficulty in accessing the Online Product, all support services are provided as stated in the access notification documentation.
Customer acknowledges that Customer requires Internet access. Certain Online Products, not all, may provide a restricted download capability. As soon as the Customer opens the file through the Customer's PC, the copy protection key is validated through the Internet, and Customer can access the Online Products. Customer acknowledges that once the key is validated, the file cannot be copied to another PC.
3. Intellectual Property
Every person using Online Products Material or SAP Software must be licensed under these terms and conditions for accessing, downloading, or using the Online Products or SAP Software. Employees and others who have access to the Online Products or SAP Software must be informed of SAP's copyright and rights of authorship and their duty to conform to the copyright laws. Customer shall carefully safeguard the Online products that have been made available to the Customer or Online Products Registrants, to prevent their misuse. Customer is permitted to use the Online Products and SAP Software only for its own internal training purposes and only for those who have licensed the Online Products. The SAP Software and Online Products are confidential and proprietary information of SAP and customer agrees not to disclose this information to any third party or use such information except as expressly permitted herein.
Customer acknowledges that SAP shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief for any breach of this agreement by Customer from which irreparable harm would ensue.
Customer acknowledges that it is illegal and a violation of this license agreement to copy or distribute Online Products, SAP Software download/online products, links, S-Users, or passwords among non-licensed persons.
In the event Customer breaches any provision of this agreement, SAP shall have the right to immediately terminate this agreement and Customer's license to use the products licensed hereunder. Upon any such termination, Customer shall immediately cease use of such products, delete and destroy any tangible or electronic embodiments of such information in its possession, and certify in writing to SAP that the foregoing has been completed.
4. Return Orders
Customer shall have no right to return documentation provided for view or downloading.
5. Updating and Support of Content
SAP reserves the right to change the Online Products from time to time due to obsolescence or to correct known issues with the product. The Online Products may be updated with new products or new solution releases. The Customer's license is provided for the Online Product in effect at the time of order placement. The Customer is not entitled to any future product releases but can elect to repurchase the new product for an additional fee.
Support is available as per the access confirmation in the event an Online Products Participant is having difficulty with accessing the content only, but not for questions about the SAP Software or other consulting/training type advice. Coaching, training, or ask-the-expert type support on SAP solutions or solution releases is available separately from SAP and may be offered for an additional fee.
The Online Products do not include access to development or sandbox systems.
6. Reservation of Title
Delivered SAP Software and Online Products remain the property of SAP and all title to the SAP Software and Online Products content remain with SAP. Customer only receives a license to use the Online Products pursuant to the terms hereof.
7. Defects, Warranty, and Liability
SAP does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of Online Products, any links or the information, text, graphics, links, or other items contained within Online Products available through access. SAP AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY LAW CANNOT BE VALIDLY WAIVED.
SAP assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the Online Products. It is the Customer's duty to verify such information.
SAP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFIT OR OTHER FINANCIAL LOSS, THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF THE ONLINE PRODUCTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL SAP'S LIABILITY TO CUSTOMER OR ANY OTHER PARTY EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, THE FEES PAID FOR THE USE OF THE ONLINE PRODUCTS. Where SAP's liability is excluded or limited, this also applies to the personal liability of SAP's employees, representatives, and people performing duties on SAP's behalf.
With respect to material defects in the Online Products, and as Customer's sole remedy for any material defect in the Online Products, SAP in its sole judgment, may decide to eliminate such material defects or make a replacement delivery or, by indicating a reasonably acceptable way to avoid the impact of such material defect.All claims against SAP are barred after a period of one year from the date the claim arose.
8. Data Protection, Privacy
SAP uses secure technologies to protect Customers' personal data. The Customer agrees to the collection, processing, and use of its personal data to the extent necessary for processing the order. SAP may use Customers' postal and e-mail addresses for promotions (for example, invitations to events, product news, and registration in SAP's customer database).
However, SAP uses opt-in procedures for its promotions where the receiver expressly agrees in advance to receive information. In any case, SAP allows the recipient to opt out of a mailing list at any time.
9. Applicable Law and Place of Jurisdiction
The applicable law and place of jurisdiction stated in the SAP and Customer's end-user license agreement shall govern. In the event no license agreement exists, the country location of the SAP office providing this license shall be the applicable law and place of jurisdiction.
10. Entire Agreement
These general terms and conditions, along with any payment terms and license term contained in an order form for the Online Products Materials, constitute SAP's and Customer's entire and complete agreement concerning the subject matter hereof.
SAP Education reserves the right to cancel, and/or reschedule any published scheduled Course. The customers or student's sole remedy shall be the refund of prepaid course fees. SAP is not responsible for airfare, lodging, or other related expenses including any airline penalties incurred. Under no circumstances shall SAP be liable for any direct, or indirect, consequential, or special damages. SAP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE TRAINING MATERIALS NOR SHALL SAP BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE TRAINING MATERIALS OR OTHER INFORMATION CONVEYED AT AN SAP COURSE.Learning Hub Commercial Terms & Conditions
1.0 General Terms and Conditions
- Customer shall ensure that any person or entity that accesses the services under Customer’s account complies with the terms of this Agreement and Customer shall be responsible for any breach by such person or entity as if it was Customer’s own breach·
- SAP is responsible for the maintenance (as outlined under this Exhibit B) and availability of the SAP Learning Hub Public Edition throughout the Access Term of this Agreement, see section 5.0 for details.
- SAP shall integrate Customer’s SAP Learning Hub Public Edition with a content delivery network (CDN). However, it is imperative that Customer ensures that their users have access to adequate Internet bandwidth to eliminate performance issues.
- Access is granted once SAP has received payment
2.0 SAP Learning Hub Public Edition Content
- SAP Learning Hub contains the following content repositories
- Participant handbooks of the SAP Education Global Master Curriculum (GMC) in a secured Flipbook format
- eLearning titles in streamed browser-based format·
- Online Knowledge Products (OKPs) of the Ramp-up Knowledge Transfer program containing delta knowledge (various formats, e.g. PDFs, audio books, simulations)
- All SAP Learning Hub content is available in English language only.
- SAP Learning Hub content is updated once a month with all new and/or updated content that has become publicly available during that month.
- Older versions can be removed from SAP Learning Hub at SAP’s discretion; old releases can be removed after 6 months of availability of new release.
- SAP is responsible for the online provisioning and rendering of the content in digital format.
- Any forms of offline usage, e.g. copies on local drives, printing of content, are not allowed, supported by SAP and will be disabled where possible.
- The library content cannot be modified.
4.0 SAP Learning Hub Public Edition Access Term
- The Access Term for the SAP Learning Hub Public Edition will be 12 months from the date of Delivery (the “Access Term”).·
- Customer can extend or renew the access agreement in one (1) year increments via a new contract.
- Customer can purchase additional SAP Learning Hub Public Edition users at any time pursuant to SAP’s then current pricing·
- Access will not be granted before payment has been received.
- Notwithstanding SAP’s right to terminate under Section 5 of the Agreement and in addition to any other remedies available to SAP, in the event of (i) any material breach of the Agreement which poses an imminent threat to the SAP systems or software or (ii) a determination by SAP that continued use of the Services may result in harm to the SAP systems or other SAP Customers, or result in a violation of applicable law, regulation, legal obligation or rights of any third party (iii) any materials provided by Customer violate the rights of any third party, SAP will have the right to immediately, in SAP’ sole discretion, (i) terminate the Services (ii) deactivate Customer’s user name(s) and password(s) and/or (iii) suspend access to the Services and (iv) remove any content or data of Customer in the Services for such period as SAP deems necessary to prevent such harm or violation.
- Upon the effective date of termination (i) Customer’s access to Services will be terminated, and (ii) Customer shall return all SAP content in its possession Customer data may remain on the CDN network for up to one (1) week following the deletion from SAP Learning Hub Public Edition.
- Customer data shall be deleted after termination of this Agreement.
5.0 SAP Learning Hub Public Edition Support
- Customer is responsible for the internal rollout and usage.
- SAP provides level 1 support, incl. all “how to questions”, to all user issues to confirm that an issue actually does exist.
- SAP provides level 2 technical support for the SAP Learning Hub Public Edition and the SAP content therein
- SAP will not provide support to users seeking advice and recommendations on learning needs and suitable learning content recommendations.
- All user inquiries relating to content relevance, content recommendations or content fit to their learning needs will be redirected to Customer SAP provides the content AS-IS.
- SAP AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY LAW CANNOT BE VALIDLY WAIVED.
- The Customer is accepting the content AS-IS. SAP will not correct any content that student might find that has got spelling, grammar or any other errors. SAP will compile a list of corrections that will be taken into consideration at the next scheduled update of the respective content.
SAP’s role in the maintenance and support of Customer’s SAP Learning Hub Public Edition:
- SAP shall provide trouble-shooting services where Customer identifies an issue with portal functionality. SAP shall use reasonable efforts to respond to the issue within 1 Business day, however, additional time may be required to resolve actual technical issues.
- SAP will load new and updated SAP content that falls within the scope of this agreement as it is made publicly available.
- SAP shall maintain course descriptions and catalog entries for the SAP content contained within the portal.
- Where regular maintenance will require down time of the portal, SAP will provide Customer with at least 5 working days notice of any down time.
- SAP shall troubleshoot any delivery issues with the SAP Learning Hub Public Edition solution associated with the CDN
- SAP has the right to and shall announce relevant SAP Education news, e.g. updates on newly uploaded content, news on curricula updates, news on Ramp-Up Knowledge Transfer workshops, updates on content that will be archived, etc. via the SAP Learning Hub Public Edition
Customer’s role in the maintenance and support of the SAP Learning Hub Public Edition
- Customer users shall communicate with SAP Learning Hub support team to describe identified issues and provide all requested information for identifying the root cause of the issue to SAP Learning Hub support team
- SAP Learning Hub support team shall communicate with Customer users to identify issues and provide feedback and support to resolve those issues.
6.0 SAP Learning Hub Public Edition - Service Level
- Update” means a software patch to any of the software components that constitute SAP Learning Hub Public Edition to correct defects or deficiencies in software or to provide minor modifications that do not substantially change the basic character or structure of SAP Learning Hub Public Edition.
- Production System” means the system on which the live version of SAP Learning Hub Public Edition runs.
- Items Covered by Support and Maintenance Services
- email support for all Customer issues relating to the use of the SAP Learning Hub Public Edition all available fixes or updates for the constituent components of the SAP Learning Hub Public Edition as they become available for general release. any other support that may be required to maintain the aforesaid service level of 99%.
- Customer obligation
- Customer agrees to provide SAP with all information and materials requested by SAP for use in replicating, diagnosing and/or correcting an error or other problem with the SAP Learning Hub Public Edition reported by Customer.
- Contact Methods
- Customers may contact SAP to log an error / feedback report and request support and maintenance services by email.
- Response Times
- Support will be available between 7 AM – 11 PM IST 5 days per week (Monday through Friday) except 12 Indian National holidays. These holidays will be published and made available to the users.
- Initial response will be provided within 1 business day of receipt of email from end customer.
- Support and maintenance services in relation to SAP Learning Hub Public Edition will be provided for the term set forth in this agreement. Any termination of the agreement between SAP and Customer will automatically terminate the support and maintenance services as provided herein.
7.0 SAP Learning Hub Public Edition - Restrictions
- Customer may not interfere or attempt to interfere with the functionality or proper working of the Services in any manner not contemplated by this Agreement.
- Customer may not use the Services for the purpose of any illegal activities including activities that violate anti-spamming laws and regulations.
- Customer may not remove, obscure, or alter any notice of any mark, or other intellectual property or proprietary right appearing on or contained within the Services.
- Customer may not, and may not attempt to, modify, alter, tamper with, repair, or otherwise create derivative works of any software included in the Services.
- Customer may not, and may not attempt to, reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile the Services or apply any other process or procedure to derive the source code of any software included in the Services.
- Customer may not use, and may not authorize any of its users to use any public software or open source software in connection with the Services in any manner that requires, pursuant to the license applicable to such public or open source, that any software used to provide the Services be (a) disclosed or distributed in source code form, (b) made available free of charge to recipients, or (c) modifiable without restriction by recipients.
8.0 SAP Learning Hub Public Edition - Ownership
- SAP owns all intellectual property rights in the services, course content and materials provided by SAP under this Exhibit B and the Agreement. Customer is not permitted to make any derivative works of the Services or training materials provided under this agreement. The Services and training materials are SAP Proprietary Information.
*You can utilize your Preferred Card to pay for Learning Hub, with the following condition: SAP will allow the use of the Preferred Card to purchase the SAP Learning Hub Solution pursuant to the Learning Hub terms and conditions set out herein however no additional benefits or, discounts that may be available for using a SAP Preferred Card shall apply. Any amounts remaining on the Preferred Card after payment of the Learning Hub charges may be eligible for the additional discount and benefits granted under the Terms and Conditions of SAP Education if used in accordance with the SAP Learning Hub General Terms and Conditions (“GTC”) referred to.
Last updated on 7 Mar 2014.